NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal: alt.lang.asm
Author Message
 NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal: alt.lang.asm

Quote:
-----------------

> Hello my name is Vincent Adams, and I am writing to alert
> the regular readers of alt.lang.asm that it will be removed
> from Usenet on 21 Nov 2001 19:20:35 GMT.  This action will be taken by all
> news servers, so clients are advised to update their
> readers accordingly.

> Thank you for your kind attention,
> Vincent Adams

> --
> Let's dream throughout the active lanes, but don't improve the sharp

oranges.

I am genuinely surprised this was a hoax. Really.

SpamCop version 1.3.3 (c) Julian Haight, Joel Martin 1998-2001 All Rights
Reserved

Saved email:
This page may be saved for future reference:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Parsing header:
Tracking Usenet spam.
[show] "nslookup xdsl-213-168-105-50.netcologne.de" (checking ip) ip =
213.168.105.50
using NPH field 213.168.105.50
Path:news.theplanet.net!diablo.theplanet.net!diablo.netcom.net.uk!netcom.net
.uk!fr.clara.net!heighliner.fr.clara.net!news.netcologne.de!not-for-mail
[show] "nslookup netcologne.de" (checking ip) ip = 194.8.194.102

Tracking message source:213.168.105.50:

--
MS

Mon, 10 May 2004 23:25:20 GMT
 NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal: alt.lang.asm

Quote:
> Newsgroup alt.lang.asm slated for REMOVAL on 21 Nov 2001 19:20:35 GMT.
> Hello my name is Vincent Adams, and I am writing to alert
> the regular readers of alt.lang.asm that it will be removed
> from Usenet on 21 Nov 2001 19:20:35 GMT.  This action will be taken by all
> news servers, so clients are advised to update their
> readers accordingly.
> Thank you for your kind attention,
> Vincent Adams
> --
> Let's dream throughout the active lanes, but don't improve the sharp oranges.

Don't be fooled, this guy is doing this on several newsgroups. From
what I heard, he is trying to get others to unintentionally attack
another newsgroup by setting followups to it. Don't reply to his
message.

--
Paul Carter

Tue, 11 May 2004 04:43:52 GMT

1. RFD: alt.lang.asm.68k, alt.lang.asm.x86, alt.lang

2. comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

3. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

4. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

5. comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

6. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

7. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of newsgroup removal

8. comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

9. comp.lang.logo, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

10. comp.lang.dylan, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

11. comp.lang.oberon, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

12. comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal