Please help a beginner
Author Message
 Please help a beginner

I am trying to learn the assembly language and am trying to collect all the
learning materials and I need some help to do so:

1- I need a name of  a good, easy to understand,  up to date book to teach
me the Assembly language.
Preferably, a book for people with C++, windows programming background.
Does any one know if such book exist??

2- What is a good book for programming in Windows using Assembly??

3- Where can  I get the MASM? and how much does it cost? Does any one live
in WA, USA has an extra copy for trade or sale?

4- Does Microsoft still support MASM, I searched the entire web site and no
info, can somebody help?

5-  I have MS DevStudio 6.0 Ent.  w. SP3, and the latest MSDN library CDs.
Would that be any help to me??

6- Does any one know of  a good web links to good assembly tutorials and
resources?

Best regards,
Wael.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help a beginner

Quote:

> I am trying to learn the assembly language and am trying to collect all the
> learning materials and I need some help to do so:

> 1- I need a name of  a good, easy to understand,  up to date book to teach
> me the Assembly language.
> Preferably, a book for people with C++, windows programming background.
> Does any one know if such book exist??

> 2- What is a good book for programming in Windows using Assembly??

> 3- Where can  I get the MASM? and how much does it cost? Does any one live
> in WA, USA has an extra copy for trade or sale?

> 4- Does Microsoft still support MASM, I searched the entire web site and no
> info, can somebody help?

> 5-  I have MS DevStudio 6.0 Ent.  w. SP3, and the latest MSDN library CDs.
> Would that be any help to me??

> 6- Does any one know of  a good web links to good assembly tutorials and
> resources?

Wael,

Much of what you want is in the FAQ.  The FAQ is a little out of date as
I have not had a chance to update in a while, but take a look:
        http://www2.dgsys.com/~raymoon/faq/gen1.html#2

Good Luck,
Ray

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Process - Please Help a Beginner

2. please help a beginner ...

3. Please help a beginner

4. PLEASE HELP A BEGINNER!!!!!

5. Please help a beginner!

6. Please help a beginner! (second try)

7. Please help absolute Beginner!... Easy Q I think

8. Please help a beginner

9. Help Please Fig Forth question from Forth beginner

10. Help for beginner ???pLease!!!

11. Beginner-help please

12. Beginner-- Help Please!!!!