SA1100 assembly question
Author Message
 SA1100 assembly question

hi,
On the ARM SA100 processor, if i have an instruction like

add  r6, r6, r9,  lsr #2

r9 is divided by four and added to r6 and the results stored in r6.
my question is, after the division, are the contents of r9 changed to r9 /
4?
thanks,
/-/

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SA1100 assembly question
: hi,
: On the ARM SA100 processor, if i have an instruction like

: add  r6, r6, r9,  lsr #2

: r9 is divided by four and added to r6 and the results stored in r6.
: my question is, after the division, are the contents of r9 changed to r9 /
: 4?

Nope; the shifted value is temporary.

jasonp

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. question about assembly on PCs

2. Assembly language question

3. question using gifs in assembly

4. Document Assembly Question (Displaying my Ignorance again!)

5. 486 assembly question

6. Assembly Questions

7. Metacompile assembly source to assembly source ?

8. Assembly optimization Question

9. several questions about assembly

10. very lethal assembly question (not really...)

11. deadly assembly question...

12. Basic questions about Assembly language!