Book ?
Author Message
 Book ?

I was wondering if the book titled "The Winn L. Rosch Hardware Bible" is a
good text for information needed when doing low level programming?  If not,
what is the book about.  I tried to find a copy in a bookstore to browse,
but I can't.  (I am considering purchasing it from a book club).  I was
wondering if it is a good reference.  The reviews on Amazon seem to be good.
But I was curious about the content

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Book ?
Hi Enrique,
You can't do much with mentioned book in low level programming.

Better choices are:
1. The Indispensable PC Hardware Book by Hans-Peter Messmer
ISBN 0-201-87697-3
2. PC Intern System Programming by Michael Tischer
ISBN 1-55755-145-6
3. The Undocumented PC by Frank van Gilluwe
ISBN 0-201-47950-8

Above are the editions of the books I have, maybe there are new editions
in the mean time.

In my experience you will need several books because it is not allways
very clear what they try to tell you and also every book contains errors
or tells things that are not true.
So it's allways good to compare them.

See you, Eric
--

Eric P. van Westendorp  Tel: +31(0252)210579
Reigerslaan 22  2215NN Voorhout  Netherlands

Quote:

> I was wondering if the book titled "The Winn L. Rosch Hardware Bible" is a
> good text for information needed when doing low level programming?  If not,
> what is the book about.  I tried to find a copy in a bookstore to browse,
> but I can't.  (I am considering purchasing it from a book club).  I was
> wondering if it is a good reference.  The reviews on Amazon seem to be good.
> But I was curious about the content

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Book Sale - APL Books and others

2. Mentamatics: Books and Stories, a movie book by Ellis D. Cooper

3. BOOK WANTED: Abel Assembler Book

4. Quarterly Journal seeking book reviewer for forth book

5. Request for book review : OOP books

6. BOOKS: Techical Book FireSale!

7. Good REXX books-- Not the 21 days book

8. Books, good books!

9. A good book assembler book, anyone?

10. FS: assm book + a couple C books, etc

11. proofreading books, was Re: Book REview

12. Mail order book store with Ada books?