Implementing packages for Ada compiler
Author Message
 Implementing packages for Ada compiler

        Has anyone out there implemented packages for an Ada compiler?  I
am facing the task at the moment and would like to hear any warnings,
horror stories, and bits of advice that folks might offer.  I prefer that
you reply via email.
[Please send responses to compilers as well if of general interest. -John]
--

{ima | spdcc | world}!iecc!compilers.  Meta-mail to compilers-request.

Fri, 23 Sep 1994 21:55:24 GMT
 Implementing packages for Ada compiler
I suggest you take a look in either of the following books

1) Methods and Tools for Compiler Construction, Edited by B. Lorho,
   Cambridge University press, 1984.
   This has a chapter by Jean Claude Heliard of Alsys on how their
   separate compilation works.

2) The Rationale for the Design of Ada by Ichbiah & co. (published
   recently in the Ada Companion Series.)  This is more general, but
   does mention some of the work needed in a compiler to support
   separate compilation of packages and so on.

Hope these help,
  Rod Chapman,
  Department of Computer Science,
  University of York,
  York YO1 5DD, England.

--

{ima | spdcc | world}!iecc!compilers.  Meta-mail to compilers-request.

Sun, 25 Sep 1994 17:55:49 GMT

1. Alsys Ada Compiler DOS/DOSE Packages

2. Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.

3. Command line package for Alsys Ada Compiler

4. DG Ada Compiler packages

5. Calendar package for Verdix Ada compiler (Ultrix)

6. VHDL package implementing Verilog data types (wanted)

7. Sharing data between Tcl packages implemented in C

8. Implementing in-package like semantics

9. HOST-ADDRESS not implemented in CLX package

10. Ada 83 versions of Ada 95 packages

11. looking for lex/yacc for Ada, for Ada packages

12. Ada, Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada Development