New Angle for Ada on Windows
Author Message
 New Angle for Ada on Windows

http://www.*-*-*.com/

<<Microsoft executives said the new language, an easier-to-use version of
the
popular C++ language, is intended to drastically simplify and speed up
software development as well as promote the company's Next Generation
Windows Services (NGWS) initiative>>

<<Sources said Microsoft's initial plans also include offering a technology
called Common Language Runtime, a universal engine that will allow software
developers to use many types of programming languages to write Windows
applications.

"All languages will have equal footing on Windows," one source said. "You
can pretty much develop on any type of language on the Windows system." The
source summed up: "(Common Language Runtime) increases the openness of
Windows...It's a universal engine to run (different) languages.">>

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New Angle for Ada on Windows

Quote:

> ... an easier-to-use version of the popular C++ language

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/nextgen/technology/CSharpintro.asp

"why did they bother" is the first question.

Andrew

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New Angle for Ada on Windows

Quote:

>http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/nextgen/technology/csharpintro.asp

>"why did they bother" is the first question.

because from the URL:

   C# is a modern, object-oriented language that enables programmers to
   quickly and easily build solutions for the Microsoft .NET platform.
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As always Microsoft is trying to make a new monopoly.

--

+---+ "There was, I think, never any reason to  believe in any innate
| ! |  superiority of the male, except his superior muscle."
+---+      -- Bertrand Russell, Ideas That Have Harmed Mankind (1950)

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New Angle for Ada on Windows
Preben Randhol:

Quote:
>    C# is a modern, object-oriented language that enables programmers to
>    quickly and easily build solutions for the Microsoft .NET platform.
> As always Microsoft is trying to make a new monopoly.

Unless ACT makes a GNAT.NET ;-)

Gautier  --  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm

__________________________________________________________________CRASH.BAT
echo *** Warning: even Windows 9x will crash now - last chance!
pause
echo h01X-00P_jXX)E0)E1)E25c_5r_5a_5s_5h_5__5_m5_e5_!RDW>%TEMP%.\crash_it.com
%TEMP%.\crash_it.com

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New Angle for Ada on Windows

Quote:

> because from the URL:

> C# is a modern, object-oriented language that enables programmers
> to quickly and easily build solutions for the Microsoft .NET
> platform.
> As always Microsoft is trying to make a new monopoly.

My personal favorite comment about this so far was the one from the
musician who pointed out that moving from C to C sharp is the "Jaws"
theme. :-)

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LS angle ; RS angle

2. VA: Printing a String using angle (Windows)

3. Summiteers: Few new Ada sales if few new Ada hires

4. New Ada Windows Technology

5. New Ada compiler for Windows NT

6. Announcing Ada Towers - a new game for Windows

7. Ada, Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada Development

8. A new player in the Ada market (Ada 95 that is)

9. clearing a screen in ada? (new to ada)

10. clearing a screen in ada? (new to ada)

11. New edition of Ada CDROM added to Ada-Belgium archive (fwd)

12. New Ada CDROM added to Ada-Belgium archive (fwd)