object must not be deeper than the access type
Author Message
 object must not be deeper than the access type

When compiling a file with GNAT, I get the following warning:

=====
433.                Receive (TCP, Partition, Stream'Access, Header_Size);

     >>> warning: object must not be deeper than the access type
=====

Does the "object must" mean that what I'm doing is illegal, or is it
only an advice ?

  Sam
--
"La cervelle des petits enfants, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de noisette"
                                                       Charles Baudelaire

Sat, 25 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 object must not be deeper than the access type

Quote:
>     >>> warning: object must not be deeper than the access type
>=====

>Does the "object must" mean that what I'm doing is illegal, or is it
>only an advice ?

It means illegal.  This "warning" will be changed to a real "error" in a
future version.  You can use Unchecked_Access instead, but then you have
to be careful about dangling references.

- Bob

Sat, 25 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. type(type) is an object, not an instance

2. DupByteArrayInternalRep does not set object type of new object

3. type is access cf type is access all?

4. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

5. Is it correct or not - access type problem

6. New Type in Extension Module Not Accessing PyNumberMethods???

7. Error when accessing low level objects and converting variant to refnum Type

8. Access-To-Object-Type question.

9. ACCESS-TO-OBJECT-TYPE Declarations

10. Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey (Req CW15 to run) - deep.zip (2/2)

11. Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey (Req CW15 to run) - deep.zip (1/2)

12. prefix of attribute has deeper level than allocator type