ANNOUNCEMENT: Ada95 Language Templates for Emacs users
Author Message
 ANNOUNCEMENT: Ada95 Language Templates for Emacs users

Hi,

I have produced a set of Ada95 language templates for the Emacs Language
Sensitive Editor minor mode (ELSE). They are available (with the Emacs minor
mode, else-mode.el) from the following web site:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

The template file is not perfect but is the result of use in generating new
code for an Ada95 application over the course of about 4 months. I decided
to release the templates now because they will get no more usage, I have
changed jobs and will not get a chance to use Ada anytime in the forseeable
future :-(. The file was generated from the Ada95 EBNF, so there is a
complete set of templates, but there are definitely some sections of the
syntax that I didn't use and therefore haven't been hand manipulated to be
"useful" to a programmer. Any feedback in the way of changes to the
templates are welcome and I will post them on my web site.

To use the templates, you must rename them from Ada95.lse to Ada.lse (there
are a set of Ada83 templates available as well and ELSE uses the major mode
name of Emacs to determine the template file name). A set of template
definitions that illustrate "customisation" is available in a file called
Ada95-cust.lse - this file shows examples of setting up standard file and
subprogram headers as per project coding standards.

ELSE comes with a 40+ page users manual, this is available from the web site
in either .texi, .info or .pdf format - each to their own taste :-)

Anybody who wants help in getting started with ELSE or using the templates
are more than welcome to email me, I usually respond within 24 hours
(allowing for time differences between Sydney and the rest of the world :-))
or unless you get me on a weekend.

Regards
Peter

BTW, for those who already use ELSE, there is a new version of it on the web
site. On the todo list for ELSE is the addition of a facility to easily
change and customise the tab settings (templates come with a indentation of
2 spaces, but is easily changed using a regexp search and replace to
whatever spacing your project standard demands).

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Language Sensitive Editing for Emacs users with Python

2. Implementing the standard C++ template library in Ada95

3. vhdl templates for emacs

4. Announce: New version of Python Templates for Emacs

5. Announcement: Internet Framework Templates - HTTP Server Edition

6. Announcement - New Template available

7. New Clarion Template Announcement

8. Announcement: Oracle Call Interface Template Library (OTL)

9. Announcement: HTML-TEMPLATE

10. Ada95 language design question (accessibility rules and type extensions)

11. Ada95 Predefined Language Environment On-Line?

12. Need help with Ada95 language aspect