Texas Instruments appoints DDC-I Exclusive Distributor for Three Ada Products
Author Message
 Texas Instruments appoints DDC-I Exclusive Distributor for Three Ada Products

                Texas Instruments appoints DDC-I
          Exclusive Distributor for Three Ada Products
Contact:
Jennifer C. Sanchez                              Chuck Chrissis
DDC-I, Inc.                                         Texas Instruments
Incorporated
400 N. 5th Street                                 300 Oxford Drive
Phoenix, AZ   85004 USA                   Monroeville, PA   15146
Phone:  (602) 275-7172                       Phone: (412) 380-1236
Fax:  (602) 252-6054                           Fax: (412) 380-1536
WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;             WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/

     PHOENIX, AZ - March 13, 1998 -- Texas Instruments (TI) and DDC-I, Inc.
announced today an agreement appointing DDC-I as the exclusive distributor
of three TI Ada products.  This agreement gives DDC-I an exclusive license
to use, distribute, support, maintain and modify three TI Ada development
systems, formally referred to as Tartan Ada Development Systems (TADS ).

     Under the terms of the agreement, DDC-I will take over sales, support
and future enhancements of the Ada development systems targeting Intel
80960, MIL-STD-1750A, and Motorola M68xxx microprocessors. Customers
currently under maintenance contracts with TI will benefit immediately from
DDC-I's strong emphasis and experience with embedded tools for Ada
applications.

     This agreement greatly enhances DDC-I's product line and
strategically positions DDC-I with an expanded offering of products in the
real-time, embedded marketplace. The Intel 80960 development system
completes the industry leading suite of Ada development systems for the
Intel Architecture offered by DDC-I.  The MIL-STD-1750A and Motorola M68xxx
compilers offer very mature, highly optimized solutions for these chips.

     "Texas Instruments anticipates a quick and smooth transition of these
products. Customers will benefit because these products align with the
skills, services, and direction of DDC-I.  This agreement allows Texas
Instruments to focus on Digital Signal Processing Solutions with the
market-leading TMS320 family of products including C3x and C4x Ada
products," states Chuck Chrissis, TI Ada Sales Manager.

     Joyce Tokar, formerly a principal member of Tartan's technical staff,
now V.P. of Technology for DDC-I states, "There is complete synergy between
the DDC-I  product line and the former Tartan product line. Customers
already using these tools will be supported by a company whose product
focus is highly optimized, embedded Ada, while TI can continue to focus on
the development of total solutions for DSPs".

     About Texas Instruments: Texas Instruments Incorporated is a global
semiconductor company and the world's leading designer and supplier of
digital signal processing solutions, the engines driving the digitization
of electronics.  Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the company's businesses
also include material and controls, educational productivity solutions, and
digital imaging.  The company has manufacturing or sales operations in more
than 25 countries.

     About DDC-I: DDC-I is a global supplier of safety critical software
development tools for embedded applications. The company produces compiler
systems and run-time systems for Ada, C, and JOVIAL application development
for many industries such as air transport, military, commercial, and
aerospace.

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Texas Instruments appoints DDC-I Exclusive Distributor for Three Ada Products

Quote:
>Under the terms of the agreement, DDC-I will take over sales, support
>and future enhancements of the Ada development systems targeting Intel
>80960, MIL-STD-1750A, and Motorola M68xxx microprocessors.

So what happens to DDC-I's own Mil-Std-1750A implementation?

--
Best Regards
John McCabe

Not necessarily my company or service providers opinions.

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper & Texas Instruments Pro 600 Laser Printer

2. Forth for the Texas Instrument TMS320 DSP processor

3. Oberon and Texas Instruments DSPs

4. texas instrument

5. Problems with PC Scheme (Texas Instruments)

6. FTP address of Texas Instruments Scheme Software

7. Texas Instruments PC Scheme

8. Internal Staffing at Texas Instruments - FPGA w/VHDL

9. Protected mode bug in Texas Instruments 486DLC-40BGA CPUs

10. Texas Instruments TMS320C3201

11. Problems with PC Scheme (Texas Instruments)

12. Smalltalk vs. Texas Instruments Composer