Ada83 compiler for M68040
Author Message
 Ada83 compiler for M68040

Our company is looking for an Ada83 compiler, running on Solaris 2.x and
generates code for Motorola M68040 processors. Up to now we have used the
following setup:
Development environment -
   Machine: SparcStation 2
   OS:         Sun OS 4.x
   Compiler: VADSWorks, Ada83 - V. 2.0.3

Target environment -
   Machine: VME CPU-board, MVME167-32 with M68040 CPU
   OS:         VxWorks, V. 5.0

For the "new" development environment we will use Workstations with Solaris
2.x operationg system.
The target environment will be unchanged.
Based on this we are interested in suggestions on a compiler which produce
M68040-code from Ada83 source.

Regards
Ericsson Radar AS

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ada83 compiler for M68040

Quote:
> Based on this we are interested in suggestions on a compiler
> which produce M68040-code from Ada83 source.

You do not need to look specifically for an Ada 83 compiler.
An Ada 95 compiler will be just as useful in practice. Sure
there are a few very minor incompatibilities, but in practice
the problems from this will be smaller than those which are
almost always caused by going from one compiler to another
in any case.

Furthermore, you probably do better to get a currently
supported Ada 95 compiler, than an obsolete Ada 83 compiler
for which support is non-existant or marginal.

That means quite a few compilers are available. Certainly
there is a version of GNAT that generates M68040 code, and
we certainly have several competitors in this arena. Contact

the other Ada technology vendors.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ada95 compiler using Ada83 as back-end

2. Porting Ada83 to Ada95 compiler/VxWorks

3. Array range type for Verdix Ada83 compiler question.

4. Ada83, RPC and IDL compiler/RPC generator

5. Early free Ada83 compilers (was Re: I don't want an Ada job)

6. Early free Ada83 compilers (was Re: I don't want an Ada job)

7. using HP M68040 workstation, series 400 (PS)

8. using HP M68040 workstation, series 400

9. BSDL file for M68040 needed

10. Ada83 -Booch regular expression

11. differences between Ada83 and Ada95

12. SAX/DOM implementation for Ada83/95