VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO
Author Message
 VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO

Quote:
> Has anyone had problems with VAX Ada sequential_io and direct_IO when
> instantiated with a discriminated record type which has an unconstrained
> component.  I keep getting use_error raised when doing a create or open.

> example

> type foo(a : integer) is
>    record
>       f1 : string(1..a);
>    end record;

> even if I restrict the range of 'a' by using a subtype of integer, or
> create an integer type with a restricted range I still get a use_error.
> In addition to the use error, an RMS error is listed as max record size
> exceeded.

>    ... Tony Alden
>    (TRW)

We've been able to use sequential and direct io with discrimant
records successfully by specifying a default discriminant value,
i.e. the records have to be "constrained" at time of
instantiation of io package.

        You might try something like the following:

  type foo(a : integer := MAXLENGTH) is
        record
           f1 : string(1..a);
        end record;

  package rec_io is new sequential_io(foo);

        Good Luck,

                                Gary Gafke

                        or      seismo!mimsy!aplcen!gary
                        or      (301) 953-6999

Thu, 17 Sep 1992 20:17:00 GMT

1. VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO - (nf)

2. VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO

3. Not DOS interrupts, I want direct IO (memory mapped IO)

4. sequential io and variant records

5. sequential io with multiple types

6. g77/F77 Unformatted Sequential IO Question

7. mixing IO#read and IO#syswrite

8. Perl IO to Ruby IO help needed

9. IMPORT IO, FROM IO IMPORT ?

10. IMPORT IO, FROM IO IMPORT ?

11. IMPORT IO, FROM IO IMPORT ?

12. BUG?: HP-UX 10.20 and IO#gets followed by IO#puts