Adagide install doesn't seem to work? 
Author Message
 Adagide install doesn't seem to work?

Hi all.  My first post here.

If there is a more appropriate forum for IDE questions, please let me know.

I am wondering if anyone has run into this before?  When I install gnat, and
then adagide, and I try to build, I get a "program: Cannot find:
gnatbind.exe.ali" message.

Any ideas?  Looks to be looking for the .ali, which doesn't exist on my
system, and I would think is an error, and should really be looking for
"gnatbind.exe", which does exist.

Not sure, could it have to do with where I installed it?  X:\Program
Files\gnat

Thanks!



Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:10:59 GMT  
 Adagide install doesn't seem to work?

Ben schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi all.  My first post here.

> If there is a more appropriate forum for IDE questions, please let me know.

> I am wondering if anyone has run into this before?  When I install gnat, and
> then adagide, and I try to build, I get a "program: Cannot find:
> gnatbind.exe.ali" message.

Which version of AdaGide do you have.

What was the code you've tried to build.

Quote:
> Not sure, could it have to do with where I installed it?  X:\Program
> Files\gnat

Not really.


Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:01:20 GMT  
 Adagide install doesn't seem to work?
Hi there.

Ada gide v.6.26
Ada Gnat v3.13
Windows XP

Code - (really complex)
with Text_Io;

procedure Test is

begin -- test

Text_Io.Put (Item => "This is a test.");

end Test;


Quote:

> Ben schrieb:

> > Hi all.  My first post here.

> > If there is a more appropriate forum for IDE questions, please let me
know.

> > I am wondering if anyone has run into this before?  When I install gnat,
and
> > then adagide, and I try to build, I get a "program: Cannot find:
> > gnatbind.exe.ali" message.

> Which version of AdaGide do you have.

> What was the code you've tried to build.

> > Not sure, could it have to do with where I installed it?  X:\Program
> > Files\gnat

> Not really.



Fri, 20 Aug 2004 01:04:08 GMT  
 Adagide install doesn't seem to work?

Quote:

> Hi there.
> > > Not sure, could it have to do with where I installed it?  X:\Program
> > > Files\gnat

Normally it installs to X:\ProgramFiles\adagide.
Did you install GNAT in "Program Files"? Maybe the space character makes
the difference. Try to rename it (without space) or install it in a
different directory (e.g. X:\GNAT).

Quote:
> Windows XP

I didn't try XP yet, but 98,NT and 2000 work fine.

Quote:
> Code - (really complex)

Really :-)

Quote:
> Ada gide v.6.26

This is a bit old. Try the new one (6.50,
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html)

If the problems remain, try to install it on its default
(X:\ProgramFiles\adagide and X:\GNAT). Do you have XP home or XP
professional. If you have the later, maybe you have insufficient access
rights?
Check your PATh environment variable, it should contain X:\GNAT\BIN



Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:01:33 GMT  
 Adagide install doesn't seem to work?
Hey there.  Thanks for the reply.

I went ahead and did the following:

Uninstalled both products
Installed gnat at X:\GNAT
Installed the newest adagide at X:\Program Files\adagide

And it seems to work fine.  This is under XP Pro, but I do have the required
priv's.


Quote:

> > Hi there.
> > > > Not sure, could it have to do with where I installed it?  X:\Program
> > > > Files\gnat

> Normally it installs to X:\ProgramFiles\adagide.
> Did you install GNAT in "Program Files"? Maybe the space character makes
> the difference. Try to rename it (without space) or install it in a
> different directory (e.g. X:\GNAT).

> > Windows XP

> I didn't try XP yet, but 98,NT and 2000 work fine.

> > Code - (really complex)

> Really :-)

> > Ada gide v.6.26

> This is a bit old. Try the new one (6.50,
> http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html)

> If the problems remain, try to install it on its default
> (X:\ProgramFiles\adagide and X:\GNAT). Do you have XP home or XP
> professional. If you have the later, maybe you have insufficient access
> rights?
> Check your PATh environment variable, it should contain X:\GNAT\BIN



Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:30:42 GMT  
 Adagide install doesn't seem to work?

Quote:

> Hey there.  Thanks for the reply.

> I went ahead and did the following:

> Uninstalled both products
> Installed gnat at X:\GNAT
> Installed the newest adagide at X:\Program Files\adagide

> And it seems to work fine.  This is under XP Pro, but I do have the required
> priv's.

I am not sure, but I think it's because of the blank character in the
pathname. Although windows accept it, its handling is something special.
E.g. you must write 'dir "program files"' rather than 'dir program
files' on the command line. The same is valid when calling programs
("\program files\adagide\adagide" vs. \program files\adagide\adagide).
While AdaGide does some explicit handling for path names to avoid
problems, GNAT seems not to do so.


Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:59:50 GMT  
 Adagide install doesn't seem to work?
Quote:

> Hi all.  My first post here.

> If there is a more appropriate forum for IDE questions, please let me know.

> I am wondering if anyone has run into this before?  When I install gnat, and
> then adagide, and I try to build, I get a "program: Cannot find:
> gnatbind.exe.ali" message.

> Any ideas?  Looks to be looking for the .ali, which doesn't exist on my
> system, and I would think is an error, and should really be looking for
> "gnatbind.exe", which does exist.

> Not sure, could it have to do with where I installed it?  X:\Program
> Files\gnat

With WinNT 4 I had the exact same problem. If you run gnat from the
command line it is fine, but from AdaGide it dosn't work. I do not
know why, however the solution is to move gnat to c:\gnat (or maybe
x:\gnat).

Dan



Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:04:19 GMT  
 Adagide install doesn't seem to work?
Ben:

Quote:
> I went ahead and did the following:

> Uninstalled both products
> Installed gnat at X:\GNAT
> Installed the newest adagide at X:\Program Files\adagide

> And it seems to work fine.  This is under XP Pro, but I do have the required
> priv's.

This ' ' bug is (was) in GNAT 3.13p installation, possibly removed in
GNAT 3.14p. A possibility is to set the short "8.3" DOS name in the
appropriate regisitry key with regedit.
____________________________________________________________
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/index.htm#Ada

NB: For a direct answer, address on the Web site!



Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:34:19 GMT  
 Adagide install doesn't seem to work?

Quote:
> With WinNT 4 I had the exact same problem. If you run gnat from the
> command line it is fine, but from AdaGide it dosn't work. I do not
> know why, however the solution is to move gnat to c:\gnat (or maybe
> x:\gnat).

As replied to Ben the problem was in GNAT 3.13p installation,
due to the ' ' in "Program Files". It should have been corrected
in GNAT 3.14p.
Another possibility is to set the short "8.3" DOS name in the
appropriate regisitry key with regedit.
____________________________________________________________
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/index.htm#Ada

NB: For a direct answer, address on the Web site!



Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:38:15 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. BLT installs but doesn't work, and TkTable doesn't build

2. expect's full_buffer doesn't seem to work

3. set VIDEO_MODE_RESTRICTION=CGA doesn't seem to work

4. ios.gets doesn't seem to work as advertised

5. setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't seem to work?

6. proc doesn't seem to work in NASM

7. Micro Focus CALL-CONVENTION 8 doesn't seem to work

8. Temporarily changing error_reporting()...doesn't seem to work

9. problem with exec: import doesn't seem to work

10. ldap.modify_s doesn't seem to work

11. update doesn't seem to work with scale

12. Why doesn't the dbi install work?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software