BSD-Socket/SVR4-Stream interface in Ada needed !!
Author Message
 BSD-Socket/SVR4-Stream interface in Ada needed !!

Sorry if this has been already asked,

I need Ada bindings to Unix network programming,
i.e BSD4.3 Sockets or SVR4 Streams, if you know
such a stuff, please tell me.

I am currently using VerdiX Ada 6.0.3 (d) on Sun4 SunOS 4.1.1,
the documentation mentions such a package called 'net.a', but
curiously this package is not in the distribution!!

Perhaps VerdiX suport engineers reading this news group
can explain quickly that fact, before i ask my official
distributor.

        /thanks a lot.

Sidou Dominique, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne,
DI-LIT-ELD231, Ecublens, CH-1015 Lausanne, Suisse

Sun, 07 Aug 1994 16:36:17 GMT
 BSD-Socket/SVR4-Stream interface in Ada needed !!

Quote:

>I need Ada bindings to Unix network programming,
>i.e BSD4.3 Sockets or SVR4 Streams, if you know
>such a stuff, please tell me.
>I am currently using VerdiX Ada 6.0.3 (d) on Sun4 SunOS 4.1.1,
>the documentation mentions such a package called 'net.a', but
>curiously this package is not in the distribution!!

The socket code is available from the Verdix Support BBS. Since you are across
the Atlantic, I will email it to you. Please feel free to use the SVUG mailing
list for Verdix-specific questions.

To comp.lang.ada readers:
Please don't email me asking for this code. I'll be out of the office for
most of Feb 24 - 28, and your request will languish, because I won't be there
to read my mail. Call the BBS or the Verdix Support hotline (1-800-use-vads).
--
------ Esther Lumsdon  Product Support Engineer, Verdix Corporation
  205 Van Buren St  Herndon, {*filter*}ia, USA

Tue, 09 Aug 1994 23:23:44 GMT

1. BSD socket interface?

2. Need help READing a socket stream

3. SOCKET:SOCKET-STREAM missing?

4. Ada interface to Jave network socket

5. Ada interface to sockets

6. BSD Sockets package

7. BSD Sockets from Clisp

8. BSD-Socket under CMU-Lisp

9. BSD System Sockets

10. WANTED: Modula-2 for a BSD environment (Mach 3.0 / BSD)

11. Ada on BSD?

12. Ada bindings to BSD IPC