Ada Compilers for Parallel Computers
Author Message
 Ada Compilers for Parallel Computers

I am looking for any information on Ada compilers
for parallel computers.

In particular, I would like to find references to
any papers about the use of Ada for fault tolerant
embedded parallel systems where Ada tasks are mapped
to separate CPUs.

Thanks in advance for all responses...

Space Telescope Science Institute
Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Ada Compilers for Parallel Computers

Quote:

> I am looking for any information on Ada compilers
> for parallel computers.
> In particular, I would like to find references to
> any papers about the use of Ada for fault tolerant
> embedded parallel systems where Ada tasks are mapped
> to separate CPUs.

I believe that GNAT is supported for the SGI Origin series and hope to try
it out myself soon. OTOH in the high performance computing sector Ada does
not seem to be well established. Recently I asked Tera Inc. about Ada-
support for there new machine (and how far their C++-implementation will
reach the upcoming C++ standard) but until now I did not get any answer.

Probably this is an answer... *sigh*

Regards

Joerg

--

Phone: ++49-(0)711-5090670     | Flurstrasse 21, D-70372 Stuttgart, Germany

Phone: ++49-(0)711-685-5815    | Visualization Department, Office: 0.304
Fax:   ++49-(0)711-678-7626    | Allmandring 30a, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Ada Compilers for Parallel Computers

Quote:

> I believe that GNAT is supported for the SGI Origin series and hope to try

I know.
been there -- done that.
(dont forget to set a specific environment variable on # of threads to "auto")

--

Pfaffenwaldring 27, 70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen
Team Ada: "C'mon people let the world begin" (Paul McCartney)

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. COBOL compilers for parallel computers?

2. Ada compilers for parallel platforms

3. Ada compiler for parallel computin on a PC?

4. Parallel Ada Compilers

5. Looking for Parallel Ada Compilers

6. Ada Compilers for Massively Parallel Processors

7. computer trivia (was Re: ;;ANY Free ADA Compiler on Windows 95)

8. Something else for a change / Parallel Computer for APL - in case you didn't know

9. Forth for parallel computers?

10. Workshop on Compilation of (Symbolic) Languages for Parallel Computers

11. need information for Monte Carlo algorithm for parallel computers

12. PROLOG on Parallel Computers, T-3D or CM-5