c2ada compilinG/runtime problem
Author Message
 c2ada compilinG/runtime problem

Hi everybody,
I have recompiled the c2ada application on Red Hat 6.1
with gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
and everything worked right.

Now I have started c2ada by typing:

c2ada hallo.c

The result is that I got the error:

symset.c, line 52, Assertion Failed: pymod_Symbol

It would be very nice if someone can help me to make
c2ada runable. I have also tried to let run a pre-
compiled binary of c2ada. The same error came up.

If someone has an executable of c2ada that runs under
Red Hat 6.1 without any error. It would be very nce if you could

Thanks for all.

Greetings Henrik

Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:12:31 GMT
 c2ada compilinG/runtime problem

Quote:

>Hi everybody,
>I have recompiled the c2ada application on Red Hat 6.1
>with gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
>and everything worked right.

>Now I have started c2ada by typing:

>c2ada hallo.c

>The result is that I got the error:

>symset.c, line 52, Assertion Failed: pymod_Symbol

>It would be very nice if someone can help me to make
>c2ada runable. I have also tried to let run a pre-
>compiled binary of c2ada. The same error came up.

it sounds like you have a python library issue.

You need to set env variable for pyhon befor running c2ada, I think
the variable is $PYTHONHOME to point to where python is installed or
to where the python libraries are.

If you look at symset.c
----------------------------

static PyObject * pymod_Symbol;

 pymod_Symbol = PyImport_ImportModule("Symbol");
    assert(pymod_Symbol);

oSymbol = PyObject_GetAttrString(pymod_Symbol, "oSymbol");
    assert(oSymbol);

------------------------------------

so the code seems to load a library, then tries to read the value
of a symbol from that library.

Are you using the correct python version with c2ada? I think
c2ada was build against a specific python library 1.5, but it could
work also with python 2.0.

also do this

PYTHONPATH=/home/c2ada  <---- where you installed phython.
export PYTHONPATH

may be that will help :)

There should be a readme file that talk about all of this, I think
the Ada for linux folks have an RPM build of c2ada but I could be wrong.

/p

Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:54:27 GMT
 c2ada compilinG/runtime problem
Dear Peter,
thanks for the detaild answer. I will try it it out and let you know the
result
at the beginning of the next week.

Quote:
>There should be a readme file that talk about all of this, I think
>the Ada for linux folks have an RPM build of c2ada but I could be wrong.

Does someone knows if such an RPM exists and where can I get it?
Thanks for all.

Greetings Henrik

Sat, 01 Nov 2003 03:12:30 GMT

1. c2ada running problem

2. gperf (C2Ada) build problem...

3. Is it possible so write part of code that will be compiled runtime

4. Runtime compiling of variables

5. Programmically mass compile under LV runtime

6. Runtime compiling?

7. Warnings at compile time for possible runtime pattern matching failure

8. runtime errors with lammpi compiled by intel compilers

9. Segmentation fault (Was: Runtime error in Forte compiled program)

10. Unique ID numbers for compile/runtime error messages?

11. compile C extension at runtime?

12. Difference between compile-time and runtime?