GNAT programming System IDE 
Author Message
 GNAT programming System IDE

WOW!  Not having lurked here for a little while I've just caught up and was
most impressed with the GPS (Jeeps?)initiative.

This product seems to be very similar in functionality to Rational Apex,
which I used fairly extensively until our site was closed down. :(

The GPS product details screenshots even show explicit support for the
*.1.ada and *.2.ada file naming conventions that Apex uses, presumably to
simplify migration from Apex to GPS (Jeeps?).

Amongst all the goodies planned for GPS, is there any intention to also
integrate a GTK GUI builder?

Also, can anyone confirm whether there are any plans to release a public
version of GPS. I don't need to know when, (though that would be nice) but I
would like to know whether there is an intention for it to happen.

Tony

To reply by e-mail, remove SpamJam from my address
--  --
8<  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  
--  --  --  --  --



Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:14:16 GMT  
 GNAT programming System IDE

[snip]
Quote:
> Also, can anyone confirm whether there are any plans to release a public
> version of GPS. I don't need to know when, (though that would be nice) but
I
> would like to know whether there is an intention for it to happen.

If you search the cla archives I think you'll find the answer to this
question is "yes".  The question of "when" is quite another matter.

Steve
(The Duck)

Quote:
> Tony

> To reply by e-mail, remove SpamJam from my address
> --  --
> 8<  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --
> --  --  --  --  --



Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:30:46 GMT  
 GNAT programming System IDE

Quote:
> If you search the cla archives I think you'll find the answer to this
> question is "yes".  The question of "when" is quite another matter.

> Steve
> (The Duck)

A did as you suggested last night.

I didn't realise that there had already been so much discussion on this
subject last year. I guess I missed it as much of it was going on at about
the time our site was being shut down, so I had other things on my mind.

A lot of the talk was about the possibility of a public release being made
4Q 2002. Anyone care to comment further?

Tony

--

To reply by e-mail, remove SpamJam from my address
--  --  8<  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --



Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:20:14 GMT  
 GNAT programming System IDE

Quote:

> A lot of the talk was about the possibility of a public release being made
> 4Q 2002. Anyone care to comment further?

not public, but for those who buy support.

--
Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~randhol/ --
"{*filter*} is the last refuge of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov



Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:56:11 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. GNAT Programming System availability ?

2. GNAT Programming System - Wow

3. GNAT for Unix systems programming?

4. ANNOUNCE: GNAT Programming System

5. FORTRAN and the Gnat Programming System (GPS)

6. Comunity Edition of GNAT IDE GPS for Linux?

7. Gnat IDE for Unix/Linux

8. IDE for GNAT/Linux?

9. IDE for gnat under Win95

10. ANNOUNCE: Win95 IDE for GNAT, v0.6

11. Gnat 95 IDE

12. ANNOUNCE: Win95 IDE for GNAT (again)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software