c2ada running problem
Author Message
 c2ada running problem

Dear all,
Peter helped me fine. c2ada is now running on my system.
The problem that comes up is that it ony translates small files
but no large ones. c2ada doesn't accept C comments in any way.
It doesn't accepts empty lines. A lot of strange things happens.
A typical "hello world" program is translated, but in other cases
it doesn't. If ahve the readme file and the HTML documentaion many
times but I don't know what to do.
If someone has a c2ada compiler that works, is it possible that I send
you the sources of my C programs (3 .c files and 4 .h files, very
small!).
On the other hand side it seems that c2ada primary translates the header
files.
In some cases it hangs and I have to kill the associated process.
Strange, strange.
Perhaps someone can help me!

Thanks for all.

Greetings Henrik

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:38:24 GMT
 c2ada running problem

Quote:

> Dear all,
> Peter helped me fine. c2ada is now running on my system.
> The problem that comes up is that it ony translates small files
> but no large ones. c2ada doesn't accept C comments in any way.
> It doesn't accepts empty lines. A lot of strange things happens.
> A typical "hello world" program is translated, but in other cases
> it doesn't. If ahve the readme file and the HTML documentaion many
> times but I don't know what to do.
> If someone has a c2ada compiler that works, is it possible that I send
> you the sources of my C programs (3 .c files and 4 .h files, very
> small!).
> On the other hand side it seems that c2ada primary translates the header
> files.

I have not used c2ada in a long time, but I believe its purpose is to
generate Ada bindings to C header files, not to generally translate C
programs into Ada.  Your experience supports this.

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:34:31 GMT
 c2ada running problem
Dear Marc,

Quote:
> I have not used c2ada in a long time, but I believe its purpose is to
> generate Ada bindings to C header files, not to generally translate C
> programs into Ada.  Your experience supports this.

> Marc A. Criley
> Senior Staff Engineer
> Quadrus Corporation
> www.quadruscorp.com

  That sound curious because on the webpage c2ada.html they say that c2ada
translates header files and bodies. BTW, small C programs like a "hello world"

are translated by c2ada perfect.

Thanks for all.

Greetings Henrik

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 02:13:19 GMT

1. c2ada compilinG/runtime problem

2. gperf (C2Ada) build problem...

3. Run into problem when running the sample of ActiveTCL

4. problems running fortran-based MCNP code on Decstation running Ultrix 4.2

5. Problem running tcl/tk application while other XWindows apps running

6. c2ada for Win

7. newbie questions: where are c2ada and ada2html?

8. c2ada

9. "#define" and C2Ada

10. C2Ada convertors+Ada instructons tutorials

11. c2ada tool

12. c2ada for DOS?