ADA access on VESA for DOS32bit with Alsys 5.1.3 or Metaware C
Author Message
 ADA access on VESA for DOS32bit with Alsys 5.1.3 or Metaware C

Have you got a solution (old solution !) to allow an ADA application
running on DOS 32bit displaying in 1024 768 using VESA.

This application is in ADA  (350 000 source lines) with Alsys 5.1.3
which embedds PharLap runtime for the 32bit protected mode.

Thanks.

Jean-Philippe Vassilakis
website: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADA access on VESA for DOS32bit with Alsys 5.1.3 or Metaware C

Quote:

> Have you got a solution (old solution !) to allow an ADA application
> running on DOS 32bit displaying in 1024 768 using VESA.

Try to adapt Jerry van Dijk' SVGA library (search pointer with dejanews).
You can find it in my PC_GRAPH.ZIP, page

  http://www.unine.ch/math/Personnel/Assistants/Gautier/Gaut_FTP.htm

It's for GNAT/DOS 3.07-3.10p (32-bit code).

--
Gautier

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

Pointer: http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk/#SVGA

--
Gautier

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADA access on VESA for DOS32bit with Alsys 5.1.3 or Metaware C

: Have you got a solution (old solution !) to allow an ADA application
: running on DOS 32bit displaying in 1024 768 using VESA.
: This application is in ADA  (350 000 source lines) with Alsys 5.1.3
: which embedds PharLap runtime for the 32bit protected mode.

My SVGA package (see my homepage) for GNAT supports either VESA 1.2
(bankswitched) or VBE 2.0 (linear frame buffer) displays in 256 colors
for 640x400 up to 1280x1024.

This package has been written to run under the DJGPP dpmi extender but
could also be made to work with the PharLap extender. There is little
dependence in the code on either GNAT or Ada95 specific features.

Jerry.
http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk

--

-- Leiden, Holland | member Team-Ada
-- Ada & Win32: http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Alsys compatible C & Metaware C compilers

2. Alsys linking with metaware C and DVX socket lib problems

3. Alsys Ada 83 to Green Hills Ada 95: ARTK Resource Manager

4. Summary of port of DEC Ada Motif binding on Sun with Alsys Ada

5. Alsys Ada, Verdix Ada, ADADL

6. Access VESA memory

7. VESA info wanted(how to access hi res/col modes)

8. Help with vesa mode access

9. CS access thru Internet

10. problem accessing www.cs.inf.ethz.ch

11. Can't Access AoA at webster.cs.ucr.edu