Next Generation GNAT ... GNAT Pro 5.00a
Author Message
 Next Generation GNAT ... GNAT Pro 5.00a

Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

        Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the GNAT Pro 5.00a
release for the following platforms:

   alpha-openvms
   pa-hpux
   sparc-solaris
   x86-linux
   x86-windows
   xscale-vxw-windows

[ deleted ftp site]

5.00a is the first GNAT Pro release based on the new generation of GCC
backend (GCC 3.2.3). In all other respects, 5.00a is equivalent to the
recently announced 3.16a release (based on GCC 2.8.1).

The GCC 3 backend implements several new optimizations improving execution
performance. It offers a new Zero-Cost Exception mechanism (currently
available on alpha-openvms, pa-hpux, sparc-solaris) that should boost
the performance of applications using exception handlers extensively.

This release is the first step in the GNAT Pro migration to the GCC 3
technology. Other major ports will transition to GCC 3 in the forthcoming
GNAT 5.xx releases. New developments & ports will be performed on this new
branch of our technology. The GNAT Pro 3.xx technology will continue to
evolve in parallel during the transition period.

We encourage users of the currently available GNAT Pro 5.00 platforms to
try it and plan a transition at their convenience.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:54:46 GMT
 Next Generation GNAT ... GNAT Pro 5.00a
Quote:

> Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

>         Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

> We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the GNAT Pro 5.00a

  ^^
Volkert,

are you announcing this (as a member of ACT) or are you just copying
what you received from ACT on a different path?

In the latter case, this form is not correct. You are not allowed to
redistribute letters you received without confirmation of the sender.

Of course you can spread the information about GNAT Pro 5.00a, but in a
form that makes clear that _you_ do _not_ announce it.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:58:17 GMT
 Next Generation GNAT ... GNAT Pro 5.00a

Quote:

> > Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

> >         Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

> > We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the GNAT Pro 5.00a
>   ^^
> Volkert,

> are you announcing this (as a member of ACT) or are you just copying
> what you received from ACT on a different path?
> In the latter case, this form is not correct. You are not allowed to
> redistribute letters you received without confirmation of the sender.

My fault ... it will never happen again.

Volkert

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:01:55 GMT
 Next Generation GNAT ... GNAT Pro 5.00a
This is an announcement we got from ACT this day. Christoph
correctly mentioned, that i am not allowed to redistribute
suchs letters without confirmation of ACT. If someone from ACT
reads this, it was may fault and i am sorry for that.

Volkert

Quote:
> Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

>    Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

> We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the GNAT Pro 5.00a
> release for the following platforms:

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:15:13 GMT

1. GNAT RPC stub generation

2. Next public release of GNAT(?)

3. Pro*Ada and Gnat (Simple Solution to the Oracle Problem)

4. Pro*Ada and Gnat

5. ANNOUNCE: gnat-3.03-i386-next-nextstep3-bin.tar.gz available

6. GNAT for NeXT?

7. Status of GCC-GNAT versus GNAT 3.14-3.15

8. Bug in GNAT.Socket.Check_Selector in GNAT 3.14 Linux runtime

9. source for Gnat and gnat- Glade

10. Gnat Chat, Random Numbers in GNAT

11. GNAT probem (should have been on chat@gnat)

12. ANNOUNCE : Win32Ada patch for GNAT 3.09 and GNAT 3.10a (Windows 95/NT)