"Portability in Ada" by Peter Wallis
Author Message
 "Portability in Ada" by Peter Wallis

  Does anyone out there have this book?  I'm trying to order it, but the book warehouse can't find it
anywhere.  Could someone please email me some info on this book?  (ISBN Number, Publisher, date,
etc.)  Thanks a bunch.

Regards,

Steve
                    ((_vvvv_))
     *               (o)  (o)

      /                \  /
=====||===========||===(oo)====||  Steve Davis
=====||===========||===========||  NASA, DL-DSD-32
=====||===========||===========||  Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
=====||===========||===========||  (407)867-7582     Fax: 867-2173

Tue, 17 Dec 1996 22:22:33 GMT
 "Portability in Ada" by Peter Wallis
On Fri, 1 Jul 1994 14:22:33 GMT,

Quote:

>  Does anyone out there have this book?  I'm trying to order it, but the
>book warehouse can't find it anywhere.
>Could someone please email me some info on this book?
>(ISBN Number, Publisher, date, etc.)  Thanks a bunch.

I found:

"Portability and Style in Ada", edited by John Nissen and
Peter Wallis, Published by Cambridge University Press, 1984.
ISBN 0521264820.

--

DAINA, Mpls, MN  (612)781-7600

Wed, 18 Dec 1996 08:03:53 GMT
 "Portability in Ada" by Peter Wallis

Quote:

>On Fri, 1 Jul 1994 14:22:33 GMT,

>>  Does anyone out there have this book?  I'm trying to order it, but the
>>book warehouse can't find it anywhere.
>>Could someone please email me some info on this book?
>>..
>"Portability and Style in Ada", edited by John Nissen and
>Peter Wallis, Published by Cambridge University Press, 1984.
>ISBN 0521264820.

It is in the Ada Companion Series of green-cover books from CUP.
It was produced by members of the Ada-Europe Portability Working Group,
including John Barnes, Brian Wichmann and other Ada experts.

It's been out of print for some time (at least the English version -
the Japanese version might still be in print).  Moreover I lent somebody
my last copy which wasn't returned, and have been without one for years.
Suddenly I need it again urgently - so if anybody has a copy they could
bear to part with, please let me know what you want for it.

John

P.S. Would anybody be interested in an update for Ada9X?

--
  John Nissen      |    Technology     |    Tel: +44 81 742 3170
  Thames Bank      |       for         |    Fax: +44 81 742 8715

  London W4 2PR    |    Management     |    Consultancy: Lapcrest Ltd

Tue, 24 Dec 1996 21:27:34 GMT

1. Visit "Peter's PMODE HomePage"

2. VW "portability" and fonts

3. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

5. Parsing ""D""?

6. "Fifth", "Forth", zai nar?

7. Ruby "finalize", "__del__"

8. beginners "let"/"random" question

9. ANNOUNCE: new "plus"- and "dash"-patches available for Tcl7.5a2/Tk4.1a2

10. Looking for "stdin", "stdout"

11. "Subtract C, add Ada"

12. "C" vrs ADA