SPERC Ada Bindings to Motif/XWindows
Author Message
 SPERC Ada Bindings to Motif/XWindows

Does anyone know anything about the SPERC Ada bindings to XWindows and/or
Motif? I know they are used in UIM/Ada as part of code generation for the
GUI tool. But, I need some feedback from people who have used these bindings.
How stable are they against the Motif libraries? Are they STARS-compatable?
Do they mostly work, but have a few kinks? And so on... I need to get a quick
feel for the product, so any comments would be most welcome. Thanx in advance...

Alan Link

USSnail:    Alan J. Link
            Martin Marietta - GES       "Reality is a crutch for those who
            199 Borton Landing Road      can't handle Science Fiction"
            Moorestown, NJ 08057
            USA

"Any opinions expressed herein are, of course, my own"

Tue, 02 Apr 1996 07:23:11 GMT
 SPERC Ada Bindings to Motif/XWindows

Quote:
>Does anyone know anything about the SPERC Ada bindings to XWindows and/or
>Motif?

I think you mean the SERC (Systems Engineering Research Corporation)
Ada bindings.

Quote:
>Are they STARS-compatable?

Yes.

--GaryM
--

TeleUSE/Ada Development          UUCP:     uunet!alsys.com!garym
Alsys Inc. (TeleSoft)            Phone:    +1 619-457-2700 x128

Tue, 02 Apr 1996 13:42:46 GMT
 SPERC Ada Bindings to Motif/XWindows

Quote:

>>Does anyone know anything about the SPERC Ada bindings to XWindows and/or
>>Motif?
>I think you mean the SERC (Systems Engineering Research Corporation)
>Ada bindings.
>>Are they STARS-compatable?
>Yes.

... and No.  They are based on STARS, but almost all of the procedures and
declarations will require some level of conversion.

See the Tri-Ada '93 Proceedings for a paper we wrote on this subject.
Interested parties can e-mail me for a postscript version of the paper.

Graduate Student, Air Force Institute of Technology
"Opinions expressed are my own and not those of the U.S. Air Force"

Wed, 03 Apr 1996 03:59:52 GMT
 SPERC Ada Bindings to Motif/XWindows

Quote:
>>>Are they STARS-compatable?
>>Yes.
>... and No.  They are based on STARS, but almost all of the procedures and
>declarations will require some level of conversion.
>See the Tri-Ada '93 Proceedings for a paper we wrote on this subject.
>Interested parties can e-mail me for a postscript version of the paper.

Lest anyone misinterpret this message, we are using SERC on a wargame
project here at AFIT and I am quite satisfied with its performance.
We were using the original STARS X and Motif bindings (developed by SAIC and
Boeing) and had to convert them to the SERC bindings.  This was not
a "bad" thing as the end result was a better product.

Graduate Student, Air Force Institute of Technology
"Opinions expressed are my own and not those of the U.S. Air Force"

Wed, 03 Apr 1996 10:50:58 GMT

1. IEEE Ada/Motif Binding BoF-Session at TRI-Ada

2. Summary of port of DEC Ada Motif binding on Sun with Alsys Ada

3. Ada / Motif Binding Question

4. Ada to Motif bindings

5. seeking Motif Ada bindings

6. Documentation for Ada Motif Bindings

7. Ada/Motif binding

8. WANTED: Public Domain Ada Motif Bindings w/Mrm functionality

9. Motif binding for Ada on the Sun

10. porting DEC Ada Motif Binding on Sun with RATIONAL compiler

11. Migrating to newer DEC Ada/Motif bindings

12. Ada Motif bindings ?