c2ada for Win
Author Message
 c2ada for Win

Hello, everybody,

I need to convert C header into ads-file to get access to a dll. I tried
to search c2ada
for Windows in the Web, but the only link led me to the Intermetrics
site which seems to be nonexistent any longer. If someone could point me
to the right URL or send me either compilable source or the ready
binary, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks in advance,
Anatoly

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:05:48 GMT
 c2ada for Win

Quote:

> Hello, everybody,

> I need to convert C header into ads-file to get access to a dll. I tried
> to search c2ada
> for Windows in the Web, but the only link led me to the Intermetrics
> site which seems to be nonexistent any longer. If someone could point me
> to the right URL or send me either compilable source or the ready
> binary, I would greatly appreciate that.

Go to:

http://www.averstar.com/~stt/bindings/c2ada/c2ada.html

The first link to download you see on the page is broken, the link is:

http://www.averstar.com/~stt/bindings/c2ada/c2ada.tar.gz

Preben

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:30:20 GMT
 c2ada for Win

Quote:

> > Hello, everybody,

> > I need to convert C header into ads-file to get access to a dll. I tried
> > to search c2ada
> > for Windows in the Web, but the only link led me to the Intermetrics
> > site which seems to be nonexistent any longer. If someone could point me
> > to the right URL or send me either compilable source or the ready
> > binary, I would greatly appreciate that.

> Go to:

> http://www.averstar.com/~stt/bindings/c2ada/c2ada.html

> The first link to download you see on the page is broken,

Oops.  I have fixed this link.

Quote:

--

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:31:38 GMT
 c2ada for Win

Quote:

>> > Hello, everybody,

>> > I need to convert C header into ads-file to get access to a dll. I tried
>> > to search c2ada
>> > for Windows in the Web, but the only link led me to the Intermetrics
>> > site which seems to be nonexistent any longer. If someone could point me
>> > to the right URL or send me either compilable source or the ready
>> > binary, I would greatly appreciate that.

There is a C to Ada bindings program that is in *.EXE format, at this
location:

http://members.tripod.com/vagul/
http://members.tripod.com/vagul/cbind4win32.zip

   (Site of D. Anisimkov. Cbfe.exe is 334,941 bytes in size.)

A command like this can be used, when creating Ada 95 bindings from C
headers:

   CBFE -cs -erc -rrc -ap -C -gnat -95 input.h

C headers can be obtained from http://www.mingw.org/ but cbfe gets
further when references to C headers are commented out.

Also the precompiled cbfe program will print the offsets, in bytes, of
GCC fields of structs (Ada 95 "records").

If the translation is from Borland Pascal to Ada 95, then the body of
the PASCAL source be translated to Ada in addition to headers (using
NewP2Ada, P2Ada).

If C++ needs to be converted into Ada, then what can translate C++
into Pascal ?.

NewP2Ada (Pascal2Ada): http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

----

Ps. How can C++ be translated and converted automatically into Ada ?.

Quote:
>> http://www.averstar.com/~stt/bindings/c2ada/c2ada.html
>> http://www.averstar.com/~stt/bindings/c2ada/c2ada.tar.gz

Craig Carey

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 02:31:51 GMT

1. newbie questions: where are c2ada and ada2html?

2. c2ada

3. c2ada running problem

4. c2ada compilinG/runtime problem

5. "#define" and C2Ada

6. C2Ada convertors+Ada instructons tutorials

7. c2ada tool

8. c2ada for DOS?

9. Looking for port of C2Ada to Wintel platforms or help porting

10. gperf (C2Ada) build problem...

11. c2ada for Solaris and WinNT

12. Pb. to build c2ada