x11ada/motif with gnat3.09
Author Message
 x11ada/motif with gnat3.09

Hi,

I'm trying to get the tests for motif in the x11ada package
(I've got the motif package too)

But it seems that I have a problem:

xt-intrinsic.ads:447:05: warning: no more representation items for type
"XtConvertArgRec" defined at line 198
xt-intrinsic.ads:2800:05: representation item appears too late
gnatmake: "xrowcolumn.adb" compilation error

Did somebody get this before ?

Thanks.

Xavier Grave
--

De chacun selon ses forces, a chacun selon ses besoins.
Au fait, tous mes propos n'engagent que moi et aucunement

Sun, 05 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 x11ada/motif with gnat3.09

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to get the tests for motif in the x11ada package
> (I've got the motif package too)

> But it seems that I have a problem:

> xt-intrinsic.ads:447:05: warning: no more representation items for type
> "XtConvertArgRec" defined at line 198
> xt-intrinsic.ads:2800:05: representation item appears too late
> gnatmake: "xrowcolumn.adb" compilation error

> Did somebody get this before ?

> Thanks.

> Xavier Grave

I've found a solution that I don't understand.

I move the line 2800 to 446 in xt-intrinsic.ads and it seems to work...

Is somebody understand ?

Thank by advance,

Xavier Grave
--

De chacun selon ses forces, a chacun selon ses besoins.
Au fait, tous mes propos n'engagent que moi et aucunement
l'in2p3 ni le CNRS d'ailleurs.

Sun, 05 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 x11ada/motif with gnat3.09

Quote:

> Hi,

> xt-intrinsic.ads:447:05: warning: no more representation items for type
> "XtConvertArgRec" defined at line 198

The pragma Convention(C, XtConvertArgRec) appears in the private part
of the package spec, after XtConvertArgRec_array is declared.
Previous versions of GNAT (incorrectly) allowed this.  This fix as you
have discovered is to simply move the pragma to the line immediately
following the declaration of XtConvertArgRec.  (I seem to recall a
similar problem elsewhere with an equally trivial fix).

Now might be a good time to mention that the X11/Ada 95 programming
page is long overdue for a revision (including this fix and an update
for the XForms toolkit Ada 95 binding) but is still a going concern.
Anyone with questions can feel free to contact me directly.

 == G. Vincent Castellano :: X/Ada WWW => http://www.ocsystems.com/xada ==
 ==  "If virtual memory did not exist, it would have                    ==
 ==     become necessary for us to invent it."                          ==

Sat, 11 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. GNAT3.09 for win95

2. GNAT3.09 for Win95 Problem

3. win32ada does not work with Gnat3.09 on NT

4. Runtime evironment from gnat3.12p to gnat3.14 (Linux)

5. Win32ada does not work with Gnat3.09 on NT 4.0 ?

6. Latest Clarion Profile Exchange - Feb 09 99

7. CDD3.09: System Status Interrupt disable

8. SOftware By Ragazzi: Product Listing (09 Jun 1997)

9. Part 09 of 11 - Topics for Discussion

10. Rhein-Neckar-Gruppe trifft sich am 29.09.1999

11. Comix 3.00.09 available

12. mouse sample - regist.arj (09/10)