Ada denotational semantics
Author Message
 Ada denotational semantics

I'm looking for a formal denotational semantics specification of Ada.
I recall seeing one about 10 years ago (!), but can't remember who
wrote it or where it was published.  Is anyone aware of any work in
this area?  A specification of a non-trivial subset of Ada would do
just fine (the "Pascal subset"?).

Thanks in advance,

  -Paul Hudak

Professor Paul Hudak
Department of Computer Science
Yale University
Box 2158 Yale Station
New Haven, CT 06520

Tue, 09 Aug 1994 05:36:35 GMT
 Ada denotational semantics

   I'm looking for a formal denotational semantics specification of Ada.
   I recall seeing one about 10 years ago (!), but can't remember who
   wrote it or where it was published.  Is anyone aware of any work in
   this area?  A specification of a non-trivial subset of Ada would do
   just fine (the "Pascal subset"?).

The following are the definitions for which I have references :-

  EDITOR = {D. Bj{\o}rner and O. N. Oest},
  TITLE = {Towards a Formal Description of Ada},
  PUBLISHER = SpringerVerlag,
  YEAR = {1980},
  NOTE = {LNCS 98}

Quote:
}

I'm afraid the following came with a very tattered cover and I
couldn't find out who the originators were (possibly Honeywell, but
I'm not sure).  Also the definition is given in a functional subset of
Ada itself.  Reading it is quite an experience!

  KEY = {ADA82},
  TITLE = {Formal {D}efinition of the {ADA} {P}rogramming {L}anguage},
  YEAR = {1982}

Quote:
}

The following might also be of use, although it doesn't give a
definition, it only comments on one.

  AUTHOR = {V. Donzeau-Couge and G. Kahn and B. Lang},
  TITLE = {{O}n {T}he {F}ormal {D}efinition of {A}da},
  CROSSREF = {Jones80},
  PAGES = {475--489}

Quote:
}

  TITLE = {Proceedings of a Workshop on Semantics-Directed Compiler Generation},
  YEAR = {1980},
  EDITOR = {Neil D. Jones},
  PUBLISHER = SpringerVerlag,
  NOTE = {LNCS 94}

Quote:
}

There is also a technical-report/Ph.D from Manchester on a
denotational based definition of the tasking parts of Ada.  I could
dig up the full reference if anybody is interested.

If anybody knows of other definitions (denotational or otherwise), I'd
appreciate hearing about them.

Wed, 10 Aug 1994 21:13:48 GMT

1. Denotational Semantics for Ada

2. Denotational semantics

3. References for denotational semantics??

4. Denotational Semantics Tools.

5. LISP Denotational Semantics

6. Denotational semantics using metric spaces

7. Denotational semantics using metric spaces

8. EuLisp (was LISP Denotational Semantics)

9. Denotational Semantics of Dylan?

10. Denotational Semantics Tools.

11. Denotational Semantics

12. Denotational Semantics for Msg. Passing