Are GSA Discounts Really Discounts???
Author Message
 Are GSA Discounts Really Discounts???

I'm not sure that this is really the best newsgroup to post this to, but it's
my best guess.

Here's the situation. While researching existing CASE tools, I stumbled across
this interesting situation. One of the most reputable vendors on my list is on
the GSA Schedule and offers their product at a "substantially" reduced price.
Actually, they offer a 50% discount only on their base product. The discount
does not apply to any add-on products. I guess that this is not out of the
ordinary.

The catch is that if we buy their product on at the reduced price, then we
must by one license for each user. If we buy at the commercial price, we can
buy one license per seat (which makes much more sense to me and is what we
really need). Assuming that we had 5 seats and 10 users, it would cost us
$7,000 more for the product at the "discounted" GSA price.

Has anyone else run across this problem? Are there other marketing schemes
used by vendors to take advantage of the GSA schedule? Does the government
realize this?

Thanks for your input,

Peter

Sun, 15 Jan 1995 00:20:01 GMT

1. APL2/PC discount

2. Hotel Discount Deadline 9/22 - USENIX Conf on Domain-Specific Languages

3. Extra J documentation at slight discount

4. Logo discount ends soon

5. Discounts on Smalltalk books

6. Lindersoft WebStore officially launched - get 10% discount!

7. 20% discount on ALL Icetips products

8. BackFlash - 50% special discount until September 15

9. Clarion Discounted ???

10. Topspeed discount coupon

11. ¨p¤H???± All books 23% discount off (23Sep02)

12. ACADEMIC DISCOUNTS for Object Developments '95, 4-8 December, London