X11Ada and GNAT 3.09
Author Message
 X11Ada and GNAT 3.09

It was recently reported to me that X11Ada was not working with
GNAT 3.09 and also with the latest Aonix ObjectAda compiler.
However, I just tried X11Ada with GNAT 3.09 on Solaris.  I built
the binding and executed the test programs with no problems.
If somebody out there has problems with X11Ada and GNAT 3.09
can you please send me the problems in private email?

I'll be looking at the Aonix problem soon.

- Mitch Gart

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 X11Ada and GNAT 3.09

Quote:

> It was recently reported to me that X11Ada was not working with
> GNAT 3.09 and also with the latest Aonix ObjectAda compiler.
> However, I just tried X11Ada with GNAT 3.09 on Solaris.  I built
> the binding and executed the test programs with no problems.
> If somebody out there has problems with X11Ada and GNAT 3.09
> can you please send me the problems in private email?

It may be a port specific problem with gnat.  For example, on the HPPA
architecture, gnat-3.09 is unable to compile itself with optimization

further difficulties.  I hope 3.10 is forthcoming soon, but I also
hope the binaries they put up on cs.nyu.edu can at least compile
themselves when following the building instructions *exactly* as given
in the file: gnat-3.09-src/src/README.UNIX.

--
Forte International, P.O. Box 1412, Ridgecrest, CA  93556-1412

President, CEO                             Fax: (619) 499-9152
My PGP fingerprint: E9 A8 E3 68 61 88 EF 43  56 2B CE 3E E9 8F 3F 2B

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 X11Ada and GNAT 3.09

Mitch Gart said

<<It was recently reported to me that X11Ada was not working with
GNAT 3.09 and also with the latest Aonix ObjectAda compiler.
However, I just tried X11Ada with GNAT 3.09 on Solaris.  I built
the binding and executed the test programs with no problems.>>

We are not aware of any problems in running X11Ada with GNAT 3.09.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE : Win32Ada patch for GNAT 3.09 and GNAT 3.10a (Windows 95/NT)

2. GNAT 3.07 v. GNAT 3.09

3. Gnat 3.09 Linux errors

4. Requesting help with GNAT 3.09 constraint error, PowerPC

5. installing additional packages with gnat 3.09

6. GNAT 3.09 vs 3.10 on Linux

7. DLL's with GNAT 3.09 for Windows 95

8. stack overflow on GNAT 3.09 (linux)

9. Information on GNAT 3.09 for Win 95