Ada on SGI
Author Message
 Ada on SGI

Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
on the web, but found no such animal.

Thanks,

Brett

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 04:48:34 GMT
 Ada on SGI

The most recent public version for IRIX is at
ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/private/old/gnat3.11p-mips-sgi-irix5.3-bin....

A3.13p version could be built from source by starting with the above 3.11p
version -- using it to build 3.12p from sources (found in the same directory
given above, then using that 3.12p version to build 3.13 from source found
at ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat

Quote:

> Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
> on the web, but found no such animal.

> Thanks,

> Brett

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 05:44:48 GMT
 Ada on SGI

Quote:

>Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
>on the web, but found no such animal.

that you only want the "free" stuff from ACT, not the entire development
system from SGI.

Greetings,

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:04:01 GMT
 Ada on SGI
"David C. Hoos, Sr." schrieb:

Quote:

> The most recent public version for IRIX is at
> ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/private/old/gnat3.11p-mips-sgi-irix5.3-bin....

> A3.13p version could be built from source by starting with the above 3.11p
> version -- using it to build 3.12p from sources (found in the same directory
> given above, then using that 3.12p version to build 3.13 from source found
> at ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat

In theory. Has anyone succeeded doing this ??
-Gerald
Quote:

> > Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
> > on the web, but found no such animal.

> > Thanks,

> > Brett

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:07:00 GMT
 Ada on SGI
Yeah, we did (Raytheon Technical Services Co., RTSC) in Houston.  We started
with the IRIX 5.3 binary for 3.11p then built 3.12p for 5.3, 6.2 & 6.5, and
then built 3.13p for 5.3 & 6.5.  Don't remember all of the steps, options,
etc. we used right now; but we did it.

Dave.

Quote:
> "David C. Hoos, Sr." schrieb:

> > The most recent public version for IRIX is at

ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/private/old/gnat3.11p-mips-sgi-irix5.3-bin....
Quote:

> > A3.13p version could be built from source by starting with the above
3.11p
> > version -- using it to build 3.12p from sources (found in the same
directory
> > given above, then using that 3.12p version to build 3.13 from source
found
> > at ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat

> In theory. Has anyone succeeded doing this ??
> -Gerald

> > > Is there a free Ada compiler for the SGI IRIX platform?  I've searched
> > > on the web, but found no such animal.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Brett

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:21:18 GMT
 Ada on SGI
Dave Retherford schrieb:
Quote:

> Yeah, we did (Raytheon Technical Services Co., RTSC) in Houston.  We started
> with the IRIX 5.3 binary for 3.11p then built 3.12p for 5.3, 6.2 & 6.5, and
> then built 3.13p for 5.3 & 6.5.  Don't remember all of the steps, options,
> etc. we used right now; but we did it.

> Dave.

Congratulations ! Do you use the FSU-threads or athreads in the port ?
If athrads are working fine, then I'll give it a try.

-Gerald

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:55:02 GMT
 Ada on SGI
The usual porting procedure produces both thread libraries, and you simply
select with which thread library you wish to compile and link your
programs by the simple expedient of changing the adalib and adainclude
symbolic links to the desired directories, as is done with all GNAT
versions that support two thread library variants.

Quote:
> Dave Retherford schrieb:

> > Yeah, we did (Raytheon Technical Services Co., RTSC) in Houston.  We
started
> > with the IRIX 5.3 binary for 3.11p then built 3.12p for 5.3, 6.2 & 6.5,
and
> > then built 3.13p for 5.3 & 6.5.  Don't remember all of the steps,
options,
> > etc. we used right now; but we did it.

> > Dave.

> Congratulations ! Do you use the FSU-threads or athreads in the port ?
> If athrads are working fine, then I'll give it a try.

> -Gerald

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:09:37 GMT
 Ada on SGI

Quote:

> The usual porting procedure produces both thread libraries, and you simply
> select with which thread library you wish to compile and link your
> programs by the simple expedient of changing the adalib and adainclude
> symbolic links to the desired directories, as is done with all GNAT
> versions that support two thread library variants.

Ah ! Yes I know this from the linux-port I'm ususally working with. But
on
the system I'm working on, there is only ONE adalib and ONE adainclude
in /usr/gnu/n32/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/2.8.1/rts
no choice !
I have the gnat SGI-version  from our campus-license

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 20:01:22 GMT

1. does Verdix Ada on SGI generate MIPS2 instructions ?

2. Ada on SGI?

3. Ada, Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada Development

4. Catching Ada exceptions in C on an SGI

5. Gnat ADA binaries for SGI/Irix

6. SGI trace_back_stack_and_print() & GNAT/Ada 1.3

7. Secondary Stack oddities w/ SGI Ada 95

8. Ada/C++ linkange on SGI.

9. Gnu Ada 2.07 compiled on SGI IRIX 5.3

10. Ada/gnats compiling on SGI

11. Delphi and SGI's GNAT Ada access of C++ class libraries

12. Ada irony from SGI and NTT