AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )
Author Message
 AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )

Does anyone know if there are binaries available for AFLEX and AYACC
suitable for gnat 3.12p running on NT??
Or at least source code that supports the above?

I can only find older source from the PAL ( Walnut Creek CD April 1998 ) but
am not quite motivated enough to compile them........

Is the parser used in gnat available as a separate unit?? ( excuse the
unfamiliararity with the correct terms!!)

Thank you in advance!!
--
Michael C. Garrett
Vice President Research and Development

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )

Quote:
> Or at least source code that supports the above?

There are full sources of AFLEX and AYACC
in the Pascal-to-Ada translator. URLs:

Direct: http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/logiciel/newp2ada.zip
Page:   http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm

NB: - which version I don't know !
    - to build them (they are in separate directories) you'll have to
      glue them together (copy *.ad? xxx) then let GNAT find the
      long names (gnatchop xxx). Then: "gnatmake -w aflex", "gnatmake -w ayacc"
      and it's done. The names are "kunched" to 8 letters (by gnatchop for DOS).

HTH G.

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )

Michael Garrett a crit dans le message

Quote:

>Does anyone know if there are binaries available for AFLEX and AYACC
>suitable for gnat 3.12p running on NT??
>Or at least source code that supports the above?

You'll find source distribution on my homepage in the Ada section.

Direct link:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Pascal.

--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry
--|

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )
Quote:
>     - to build them (they are in separate directories) you'll have to
>       glue them together (copy *.ad? xxx) then let GNAT find the

             ^^^^

sorry for possible confusion: "glue the sources in each directory"

G.

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 AFLEX and AYACC Binaries ( or GNAT compilable source )

Quote:

> Does anyone know if there are binaries available for AFLEX and AYACC
> suitable for gnat 3.12p running on NT??
> Or at least source code that supports the above?

> Is the parser used in gnat available as a separate unit?? ( excuse the
> unfamiliararity with the correct terms!!)

Another possiblity to consider is OpenToken
( http://www.telepath.com/~dennison/Ted/OpenToken/OpenToken.html ). I
know it compiles with gnat 3.12p on NT, becuse that is the system I use
to build it. :-)

If you have a canned lex specification you want to use, aflex would
probably be better. But if you would have to write a lex specification
to use lex, OpenToken would be much easier to use. Also if you want to
analyze Ada source (as the last statement implies), OpenToken comes with
an Ada lexer.

It currently has no support for parsing, but that should be rectified by
the end of the week. Release 2.0 will have facilities for parsing, and
an lalr(1) parser.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pascal to Ada translator/ aflex,ayacc GNAT ports

2. Need info on aflex and ayacc for gnat.

3. Aflex/Ayacc port to GNAT 2.07

4. Beta release of AFLEX/AYACC for GNAT

5. AFLEX, AYACC binaries for VAX/VMS V5.x

6. Aflex/Ayacc usage

7. aflex and ayacc

8. AFLEX and AYACC

9. Ayacc/Aflex "entropy" (P2Ada)

10. Aflex & Ayacc for PC/WinNT

11. Obtaining expressions in AYACC / AFLEX

12. Ada95 Ayacc / Aflex specifications