VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO
Author Message
 VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO

Has anyone had problems with VAX Ada sequential_io and direct_IO when
instantiated with a discriminated record type which has an unconstrained
component.  I keep getting use_error raised when doing a create or open.

example

type foo(a : integer) is
        record
           f1 : string(1..a);
        end record;

even if I restrict the range of 'a' by using a subtype of integer, or
create an integer type with a restricted range I still get a use_error.
In addition to the use error, an RMS error is listed as max record size
exceeded.

        ... Tony Alden
        (TRW)

Thu, 17 Sep 1992 22:32:00 GMT

1. VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO - (nf)

2. VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO

3. Not DOS interrupts, I want direct IO (memory mapped IO)

4. sequential io and variant records

5. sequential io with multiple types

6. g77/F77 Unformatted Sequential IO Question

7. mixing IO#read and IO#syswrite

8. Perl IO to Ruby IO help needed

9. IMPORT IO, FROM IO IMPORT ?

10. IMPORT IO, FROM IO IMPORT ?

11. IMPORT IO, FROM IO IMPORT ?

12. BUG?: HP-UX 10.20 and IO#gets followed by IO#puts