INFO-ADA Digest V92 #56 (Re: Why Ada)
Author Message
 INFO-ADA Digest V92 #56 (Re: Why Ada)

Folks,

You know, this whole discussion of whether Ada is "good" or not (and concurrent
discussions of Ted Holden) are somewhat useless.  I don't think that we will
ever convince poor Ted that Ada has a usefulness in the world.  I don't think
we need to.  I have worked in both Ada and C environments and most of the
problems were just bad engineering, not a nuance of the language.  I have
tended to react to this argument in the same way that I reacted the first time
I walked into my horse's stall: first I was offended by the smell; but then
later on, I just ignored all the stuff, because I understood the source of the
inconvenience.

Regards,
John

P.S.: We have opted for C++ instead of Ada because someone said that you could
write "elegant" code in C.  I love these technically decided issues.

Fri, 30 Sep 1994 22:08:46 GMT

1. INFO-ADA Digest V93 #56

2. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #458

3. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #209

4. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #177

5. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #176

6. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #78

7. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #57

8. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #44 & #45

9. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #489

10. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #364

11. INFO-ADA Digest V92 #299

12. INFO-ADA Digest V90 #89 - Ada Coding Conventions