Early free Ada83 compilers (was Re: I don't want an Ada job)
Author Message
 Early free Ada83 compilers (was Re: I don't want an Ada job)

Dave says

"Of these, Ada/Ed was available in SetL source code (not a common
langauge, even back then :-).  If I recall right, the C source for
the re-implementation of Ada/Ed was not made available until the late
'80s, but I could be completely off base (and I'm sure that RBKD will
step in with these facts.)"

That is correct, and just so people know the history, we tried hard to
release the source code for the C version, but the govt had the data
--More--rights, and wanted to sell it instead, so it took quite a while to
get permission to distribute it.

The important achievment with GNAT, for which credit to Chris Anderson
is due, is that this kind of problem was bypassed in advance.

Thu, 16 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Early free Ada83 compilers (was Re: I don't want an Ada job)

2. JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA

3. I don't want an Ada job

4. Wanted : old computers from late 70's early 80's

5. Free Ada compiler for PC wanted

6. Wanted, free ada compiler for beginners

7. FAQ - wanted: free Ada (was Re: Offl Anncmnt of Lapse of Ada Trdmrk)

8. Early access to Sun's new compilers and Development tools

9. Early access to Sun's new compilers and Development tools

10. Ada-Europe'2003 early registration deadline approaching

11. Ada-Europe'2002 early registration deadline approaching

12. Ada-Europe'2001 early registration deadline approaching