record component selector in init
Author Message
 record component selector in init

NOTE: I've only been programming in Ada for a few weeks...

And I was porting somebody else's code under VMS 5.1.  The code had been
written under VMS 4.7 (of course using an earlier compiler).  Some code of the
following form
Varname : Rectype := ((0..63) => false) ;
did not compile.  The compiler said that a compnent selector had to be an
identifier.  (sorry if this doesn't sound exact...I don't have the error
message close at hand)  Well, after some false trials I found a constant that
had been defined as I needed.... [FYI this was the record PRV_TYPE in
starlet].  Could anybody tell me why this code compiled under 4.7 and didn't
compile under 5.1?  Is that a bug in the new compiler or was it a bug in the
old compiler that got fixed?  Thankx for any information!

                                        Michael

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <routing site>}!gryphon!pnet02!bagpiper

Wed, 17 Feb 1993 02:20:00 GMT

1. Jumping record selector

2. TPS Report with selector showing no records

3. Qualified Names for Record Selectors

4. 5.3 : Repository init, ADAM, error in init(33)

5. Test failures in init.test (init-4.6)

6. ABC - Prime Record in multi component key ( C5002 )

7. Memory representation of variable length record components

8. aliased discriminant record components

9. Finalization of record components which are tasks

10. Aligning record components

11. constant record components in Ada

12. Record component positions always constant?