Looking for Ada compiler for uport System V.3/386
Author Message
 Looking for Ada compiler for uport System V.3/386

I am looking for an Ada compiler to run on my Microport Unix System V.3
386 box. I would gladly accept any recommendations regarding where I can
obtain a good and/or cheap implementation for this configuration. I would
also welcome any pros/cons you know about. I am considering trying to run
Meridian AdaVantage under DOS MERGE, but this is not likely to work very
well (especially for tasking), and anyway, I want to develop software for
Unix, not MS-DOS.

I will post a summary if demand indicates; otherwise, I will respond
via e-mail to requests for summaries.

Thanks,

uunet!weyrich!orville

Wed, 09 Jun 1993 17:49:59 GMT
 Looking for Ada compiler for uport System V.3/386

Quote:
>I am looking for an Ada compiler to run on my Microport Unix System V.3
>386 box. I would gladly accept any recommendations regarding where I can
>obtain a good and/or cheap implementation for this configuration. I would

The November validated compiler list shows 386/Unix systems from RR
(SCO Xenix, Interactive Unix 2.1, SCO Unix 3.2), TeleSoft (AIX, MultibusI
Unix, Interactive Unix), Meridian (Xenix 2.3.2). I am entirely unfamiliar
with the various 386 Unix ports, so can't comment on the compatibility
issues here. But it's a starting point. It's a safe bet that if you can
get an Ada for this configuration it'll come from one of the above 3
companies. Also several have done Sun/386 versions - add Verdix to the list
for this.

Good luck!

Mike Feldman

Thu, 10 Jun 1993 04:58:10 GMT

1. In search for a compiler for 386 V5.3 (uPort/Interactive)

2. Looking for 386 Ada cross-compilers

3. cobol compiler for 386 system

4. looking for a PL/I compiler for 386+ in MSDOS or NT-DOS

5. Releases of Free Ada Compilers for DOS/386 and Macintosh

6. ADA compiler on 386 Unix and Verdix PACK pragma question

7. Lahey EM/32 w OS/386, NDP-386 w Pharlap, Watcom 77/386

8. 32 bit vs 16 bit on a 386

9. Emulating roms with 386 paging systems

10. Hypercube simulator for System V/386

11. Fortran development on 286/386/486 vs Pentium???

12. salford 386 vs salford 486