Ada and Codeview on NT
Author Message
 Ada and Codeview on NT

Is a compiler available for NT/W2k that generates de{*filter*} information that
can be interpreted by Microsofts CodeView de{*filter*}?  ...other than
ObjectAda?

Steve
(The Duck)

Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:37:04 GMT
 Ada and Codeview on NT

Quote:

>Is a compiler available for NT/W2k that generates de{*filter*} information
that
>can be interpreted by Microsofts CodeView de{*filter*}?  ...other than
>ObjectAda?

We tried to do that for Janus/Ada, but ran into enough problems that it
proved to be impractical. We decided to go the other way (make our
de{*filter*} aware of CodeView debugging information). But we never made a
GUI version of the de{*filter*} (RSN).

        Randy.

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:58:36 GMT
 Ada and Codeview on NT

Quote:

> Is a compiler available for NT/W2k that generates de{*filter*} information that
> can be interpreted by Microsofts CodeView de{*filter*}?  ...other than
> ObjectAda?

> Steve
> (The Duck)

I found using the Win32 API function "OutputDebugString" works well on
NT/2K when used with SysInternal's DebugViewer utility (see:
www.sysinternal.com ).

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:30:46 GMT
 Ada and Codeview on NT

Quote:

> > Is a compiler available for NT/W2k that generates de{*filter*} information that
> > can be interpreted by Microsofts CodeView de{*filter*}?  ...other than
> > ObjectAda?

> > Steve
> > (The Duck)

> I found using the Win32 API function "OutputDebugString" works well on
> NT/2K when used with SysInternal's DebugViewer utility (see:
> www.sysinternal.com ).

Correction: the correct URL to download SysInternals DebugViewer is
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:36:00 GMT

1. Windows NT and Codeview

2. Running ADA code compiled for NT/Intel on a NT/Alpha

3. Ada, Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada Development

4. Porting Ada 83 on AIX to Ada 95 on NT

5. Combining Ada 83 & Ada 95 under NT

6. Migration from Ada/AdaSage/MS-DOS to Ada/AdaSage/Oracle/Windows NT

7. JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA

8. AdaGIDE 7.00 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95,98,ME,NT,2000,XP)

9. Ada on NT

10. Ada creating JVM in NT vs. in Linux

11. Ada 83 or 95 Compiler for Windows 95 or NT

12. ANNOUNCE: GDBM port to NT and Ada binding.