win32ada 
Author Message
 win32ada

Thanks for reading.

I'm trying to build the win32ada examples and I always get an error
that says something a lot the lines:

gcc -c connect.adb
connect.adb:8:06: file "win32.ads" not found
connect.adb:8:06: "Connect (body)" depends on "Connectpkg (spec)"
connect.adb:8:06: "Connectpkg (spec)" depends on "Win32 (spec)"
compilation abandoned

it's really frustrating!  I've tried installing win32ada several
times.  i'm using the one i suppose was made during the time of gnat
3.08 (i haven't been able to find a new one) and i'm using gnat 3.14.
When i'm running that last command, gnatmake withall all goes well
until i get one of these pretty ones.

./win32-windowsx.o(.text+0xa009):win32-windowsx: undefined reference
to `SendMes

./win32-windowsx.o(.text+0xa0aa):win32-windowsx: more undefined
references to `S

gnatlink: cannot call C:\GNAT\bin\gcc.exe
gnatmake: *** link failed.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . so what do y'all think? should i try gwindows?

Sincerely,
Aaron W. Myers



Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:34:04 GMT  
 win32ada


Quote:
> times.  i'm using the one i suppose was made during the time of gnat
> 3.08 (i haven't been able to find a new one) and i'm using gnat 3.14.

That definitively is not going to work. Use the win32ada binding
that goes with the GNAT version you are using. It is in gnatwin-3.14p.exe.
You might consider upgrading to 3.15p.

Quote:
> ./win32-windowsx.o(.text+0xa009):win32-windowsx: undefined reference
> to `SendMes

> ./win32-windowsx.o(.text+0xa0aa):win32-windowsx: more undefined
> references to `S

> gnatlink: cannot call C:\GNAT\bin\gcc.exe
> gnatmake: *** link failed.

GNAT cannot find the windows libraries.

Quote:
> hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . so what do y'all think? should i try gwindows?

Yes, but not to solve this problem :-)

--

--  Leiden, Holland  | web:   users.ncrvnet.nl/gmvdijk



Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:51:29 GMT  
 win32ada
First make sure you have everything you need.
You can get gnat and the win32 support via anoymous ftp from:
  cs.nyu.edu
in the directory:
  /pub/gnat/3.15p/winnt

You'll need to install both:
  gnat-3.15p-nt.exe
and
  gnatwin-3.15p.exe

Things have always worked for me after going through this process.  If you
have done this much and things still aren't working, ask again.

Steve
(The Duck)



Quote:
> Thanks for reading.

> I'm trying to build the win32ada examples and I always get an error
> that says something a lot the lines:

> gcc -c connect.adb
> connect.adb:8:06: file "win32.ads" not found
> connect.adb:8:06: "Connect (body)" depends on "Connectpkg (spec)"
> connect.adb:8:06: "Connectpkg (spec)" depends on "Win32 (spec)"
> compilation abandoned

> it's really frustrating!  I've tried installing win32ada several
> times.  i'm using the one i suppose was made during the time of gnat
> 3.08 (i haven't been able to find a new one) and i'm using gnat 3.14.
> When i'm running that last command, gnatmake withall all goes well
> until i get one of these pretty ones.

> ./win32-windowsx.o(.text+0xa009):win32-windowsx: undefined reference
> to `SendMes

> ./win32-windowsx.o(.text+0xa0aa):win32-windowsx: more undefined
> references to `S

> gnatlink: cannot call C:\GNAT\bin\gcc.exe
> gnatmake: *** link failed.
> hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . so what do y'all think? should i try gwindows?

> Sincerely,
> Aaron W. Myers



Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:21:05 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Who Maintains Win32Ada?

2. Problem with Win32Ada - Shutdown NT/Win2k

3. Is There A Newer Win32Ada For ObjectAda?

4. OpenGL & Win32ADA

5. Win32ADA-Problem

6. Prints with the Win32Ada Binding

7. win32ada design question/problem

8. Win32Ada

9. gnat3.10 and win32ada binding

10. GNAT and Win32Ada problems

11. new problems with win32ada

12. Problem with the win32ada binding

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software