Ada83, RPC and IDL compiler/RPC generator
Author Message
 Ada83, RPC and IDL compiler/RPC generator

I am working on an application in which the client end (user interface)
is written in C++ and the server will be an Ada83 application.  We are
looking
at using RPC as our means of communications.  I am looking for a IDL
compiler or RPC generator that will generate Ada83 RPC stuff.

I have an IDL compiler for NT that generates C from Microsoft and I
have access to the RPC generator on the Sparc (which also generates
C), what I really need is something that will do the same thing for
Ada83.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanx

Joe

--
Joe Wisniewski
President, Commercial Software Solutions, Ltd.

Full Onsite/Offsite Software Engineering Consulting Services
Specializing in Embedded RealTime Applications and Training

4403 W. Chama Suite #101
Glendale, Arizona 85310

(Voice) 602-580-4008    888-229-7597
(Fax)   602-580-4010    888-568-8734

Co-Author: Program Smarter, Not Harder.
           Get Mission-Critical Projects Right the First Time
           ISBN: 0-07-021232-5 McGraw-Hill

Sat, 20 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Ada83, RPC and IDL compiler/RPC generator

Quote:
Joseph Wisniewski writes:

"I am working on an application in which the client end (user interface)
 is written in C++ and the server will be an Ada83 application.  We are
 looking
 at using RPC as our means of communications.  I am looking for a IDL
 compiler or RPC generator that will generate Ada83 RPC stuff.

 I have an IDL compiler for NT that generates C from Microsoft and I
 have access to the RPC generator on the Sparc (which also generates
 C), what I really need is something that will do the same thing for
 Ada83."

The distributed systems annex (DSA) would be one good way of accomplishing
this if

        you can move to Ada95

        you can get partioning tool support for your client computers
                (Glade (a PCS tool for Gnat) only does Linux & Sparc, not NT)

        you could write an Ada backend network interface for your C++ code.

The final picture would be...

              NT                                                 Solaris
                                             DSA
User ->|C++ front end...Ada backend |   <------------>      | remote client

Glade may be inappropriate because
        a       It doesn't support NT (as yet, i don't know what the latest is)
        b       It doesn't support Passive Shared partitions (which i think
            you'ld need at the solaris end).

However you can get a support agreement with ACT/Glade people to develop
this for you.

ADEPT, another partitioning tool, may be of use, I'm not really sure.

Dale

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. tcl-dp RPC vs SUN RPC

2. Anyone implemented des authentication for Demo/rpc/rpc.py??

3. XML-RPC Goodie

4. RPC Client execute

5. VW and RPC

6. RPC