Installing GNAT on WinNT
Author Message
 Installing GNAT on WinNT

Hi

I tried to install the binary distribution of GNAT 3.12p on my Windows
NT machine, running NT Server. However, it fails miserably with the
following message:

"Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system
components"

Pressing OK simply terminates the installation and I did not find any
information on what system components to configure.

Are there any environment variables to set in advance? Are there any
other pre-requisites I should know and care about?

I would be grateful for any hint and tip.

Regards

Andreas Held

Gretag Imaging AG
Switzerland

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing GNAT on WinNT

Quote:

> I tried to install the binary distribution of GNAT 3.12p on my Windows
> NT machine, running NT Server. However, it fails miserably with the
> following message:

> "Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system
> components"

Hmm. It could be that you need to run the installer from an account that
is in the "administrators" group.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing GNAT on WinNT
I find this very interesting.  I was getting exactly the same error message
under Windows 2000.

Then I tried installing on an NT 4 machine using the same executable and had
the same error.

My problem was solved by getting a new copy of the executable.

Hmmm....

SteveD

Quote:

> Hi

> I tried to install the binary distribution of GNAT 3.12p on my Windows
> NT machine, running NT Server. However, it fails miserably with the
> following message:

> "Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system
> components"

> Pressing OK simply terminates the installation and I did not find any
> information on what system components to configure.

> Are there any environment variables to set in advance? Are there any
> other pre-requisites I should know and care about?

> I would be grateful for any hint and tip.

> Regards

> Andreas Held

> Gretag Imaging AG
> Switzerland

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing GNAT on WinNT

Quote:
> I find this very interesting.  I was getting exactly the same error
message
> under Windows 2000.

> Then I tried installing on an NT 4 machine using the same executable
and had
> the same error.

> My problem was solved by getting a new copy of the executable.

> Hmmm....

> SteveD

Well, this was actually the problem! I downloaded the binary again and
now it worked like a charm!

Thanks very much for the tip.

Regards

Andreas

> > Hi

> > I tried to install the binary distribution of GNAT 3.12p on my
Windows
> > NT machine, running NT Server. However, it fails miserably with the
> > following message:

> > "Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system
> > components"

> > Pressing OK simply terminates the installation and I did not find
any
> > information on what system components to configure.

> > Are there any environment variables to set in advance? Are there any
> > other pre-requisites I should know and care about?

> > I would be grateful for any hint and tip.

> > Regards

> > Andreas Held

> > Gretag Imaging AG
> > Switzerland

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with GNAT, WinNT, StdCall, dll, exported names

2. how to specify stacksize with Gnat for WinNT ?

3. pb Gnat 3.12 WinNT with float_io.put and OpenGL

4. text_io append WinNT-oa+gnat

5. Ada aware GDB for GNAT 3.10p WinNT version

6. Gnat linking with C run time module on Winnt

7. Problems with Gnat 2.07a for WinNT

8. GNAT Port To WIN or WINNT?

9. GNAT for WinNT

10. GNAT 3.11, Problems with OpenGL on WinNT

11. help garden point's m2 won't install under winNT

12. gpmpc won't install under winNT