Beware Trojan horse in tin newsreader
Author Message
 Beware Trojan horse in tin newsreader

Users of the UNIX tin newsreader from University of Washington BEWARE of a
trojan horse apparently related to attempting to kill messages from

Iain Lea.

Like many other readers of comp.lang.ada, I finally got tired of reading
the flames left by Colin  James III and attempted to kill all future
messages sent from him.  Things seemed OK until I attempted to exit tin.
To my surprise I got the following message upon my attempt to exit tin.

tin: assertion failure: thread.c (704): first_thread_on_screen != 0 ||
index == thread_r
espnum
      IOT trap (core dumped)

Assertions, I believe are a feature of Eiffel.  I tried a second time with
the same results, except this time I exceeded my disk quota with the core
dump.  I did a grep cjames tin (the executable and found nothing.
However, I did a grep cjames on the core dump and it was full of