patch to Gnat 3.14p NT posted
Author Message
 patch to Gnat 3.14p NT posted

I've sent to www.adapower.com a patch to fix a problem with the Clocks
in Gnat 3.14p.  The problem is described in
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;EN-US;Q274323&
and occurs in certain circumstances on PCs with chipsets from
   Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)
   Acer Labs, Inc. (ALi)
   VIA Technologies, Inc. (VIA)
   Serverworks Corporation
   Intel Corporation
If the code
   End_Time := Ada.Calendar.Clock + 10.0;
   while Ada.Calendar.Clock < End_Time loop null;end loop;
runs in a fraction of a second instead of taking ten seconds, then your
system has the problem.  It's not clear to me how common this hardware
defect is, but these are not obscure chipset vendors.

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 02:23:13 GMT
 patch to Gnat 3.14p NT posted

Quote:

> defect is, but these are not obscure chipset vendors.

No but you are quite unlikely to have an old PCI machine
with this bug in it. We have not had any reports from any
of our customers of running into this hardware problem

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:07:36 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE : Win32Ada patch for GNAT 3.09 and GNAT 3.10a (Windows 95/NT)

2. GNAT/NT 1.83 now available (was GNAT for Windows NT)

3. tasking with GNAT 3.14p on windows

4. ANN: gnat-3.14p rpms available for Red Hat 7

5. Announce: HPUX-11 Binaries for GNAT-3.14p/3.15p Available (and HOWTO)

6. Pragma Import don't suppress intialization on access type with GNAT 3.14p

7. Overriding discriminants perplexes GNAT 3.14p

8. Requeue in GNAT 3.14p (Linux)

9. Streams in GNAT 3.14p

10. Looking for GNAT 3.14p for Alpha/Linux

11. GNAT 3.14p and Red Hat 7.2

12. RPM package for GNAT 3.14p ?