proofreading books, was Re: Book REview
Author Message
 proofreading books, was Re: Book REview

Quote:
>So these days I find myself thinking,
>   what is there about the (book production) PROCESS
>   which
>       - caused these defects
>       - let them through into the product.

  Me too.  A recent Ada book from Cambridge University Press
surprised me with the number of typos, 'widows and orphans' in code
segment listings, etc.  Is the problem haste, or using as
proofreaders people who are technically proficient in the subject
area, but not particularly good at noticing errors, or what?

Sun, 25 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Request for book review : OOP books

2. Request for book review : OOP books

3. Book review review

4. Accidental second sending of first book review

5. Need Book Review

6. Clarion Book Reviews online

7. IBM ST book reviews?

8. Review: A good beginner book

9. Object Success : book review sighted

10. OOram: upcoming book, review

11. Review of Bertrand Meyer's new book.

12. Book review - Thinking Forth