Capturing key presses...
Author Message
 Capturing key presses...

Say, does anyone out there know how to capture key presses in ADA without
echoing it to the screen? Also, on a similar note, how to use arrow and
function keys in programs. Any help would be greatly apperesiated.

                                               Chris
                           Please E-mail all responses to:

                     (I don't get to read news often.)

Tue, 24 Sep 1996 02:04:51 GMT
 Capturing key presses...

Quote:

>Say, does anyone out there know how to capture key presses in ADA without
>echoing it to the screen? Also, on a similar note, how to use arrow and
>function keys in programs. Any help would be greatly apperesiated.

     None of this can be done "in Ada" because key pressing, screen, echo-
ing, arrow keys, and function keys are not Ada concepts.

     It sounds like you're using an IBM-compatible PC, which means it is
probably using MS-DOS.  MS-DOS does have the necessary hooks for doing
everything you want and most Ada compilers for such a configuration usually
have a vendor-supplied package for accessing all of the DOS capabilities.
Check the manual.

                                 Charlie

Wed, 25 Sep 1996 00:20:13 GMT
 Capturing key presses...

Quote:

> Say, does anyone out there know how to capture key presses in ADA without
> echoing it to the screen? Also, on a similar note, how to use arrow and
> function keys in programs. Any help would be greatly apperesiated.

This is a function of the OS not ADA. I can tell you for VMS and DOS.

--
   o|     Time to dust off     Don Berryman
  --\__   the Telemark Skies,  Defence Research Establishent Pacific
    |     and think SNOW!!     FMO CFB Esquimalt
    /\                         Victoria, BC, CANADA, V0S 1B0
   //\\    /\                  (604) 363-2731 Voice
  ////\\  //\\  /\             (604) 363-2856 Fax

They pay me to do oceanography, but I'd rather do glaciology.
At least my ocean is partially frozen.

Fri, 27 Sep 1996 19:25:38 GMT

1. How to capture key-presses (keyboard-presses)???

2. python Newbie Question: key-press capturing.

3. IBM VA close window upon key pressed event

4. Tracking key presses, mouse clicks and mouse movements?

5. many keys pressed at the same time

6. Command-key presses

7. Changing the cursor when control key pressed.

8. Key press events on a window

9. Selecting TAB sheet by pressing TAB key

10. Keycode() - Getting a response to a key press

11. Trapping a key press event

12. pressing ESC key in source procedure