cpu time VS. calendar time
Author Message
 cpu time VS. calendar time

We are trying to find out how much cpu time a procedure or function call
takes.  We've found the calendar package with function clock.  Is there an
equivilant which will give me cpu time?  TIA.

Todd Thompson

Sat, 16 Jan 1993 03:47:52 GMT
 cpu time VS. calendar time
Quote:

>We are trying to find out how much cpu time a procedure or function call
>takes.  We've found the calendar package with function clock.  Is there an
>equivilant which will give me cpu time?  TIA.

The LRM does not call out a standard package for retrieving CPU time.
Retrieving CPU time is therefore system dependent, and is probably best
done through the use of pragma interface. I have written a package with a
portable specification that gives simple CPU times.
I have Unix and PC versions; the Unix version uses pragma interface and
a little C program to get the CPU time. I can send this to anyone who
wishes it; let me know by e-mail. If there is a lot of interest, I will
post it.
Prof. Michael Feldman
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052
+1-202-994-5253

Sat, 16 Jan 1993 07:32:55 GMT

1. Unix time to calendar date/time?

2. optimum value of cpu time/clock time.

3. HELP:Measuring CPU time and elasped time of FORTRAN77

4. timing vs. cpu usage of tcl/tk

5. GMT time vs. local time

6. Compile-time vs Run-time

7. Time scale precision Vs Simulation time

8. Static Timing Analysis vs Timing Simulation

9. Static Timing Analysis vs Timing Simulation

10. Bug in time.c (was Time.times problems)

11. time and scheduling (was: bug report: [ #447945 ] time.time() is not non-decreasing)

12. time zones, daylight saving time, and universal time