Seeking ADA compiler for IBM PC or Atari ST.
Author Message
 Seeking ADA compiler for IBM PC or Atari ST.

        As the above says - I'm looking for an ADA compiler (or even
interpreter) that will run on IBM PC (preferably not needing 386/486)
or Atari ST.

        The compiler would need to be cheap (under #100.00) and preferably
have a user friendly environment.  Any PD/Sharware compilers would also be
of interest.

        The compiler is only for learning the language - thus needing to be
correct and robust, but not fast.

        Thanks in advance,
          Andy Stratton.
--
        Parallel Processing Support Officer
        University of Wales College of Cardiff

Sat, 05 Nov 1994 20:31:11 GMT
 Seeking ADA compiler for IBM PC or Atari ST.

Quote:

>    As the above says - I'm looking for an ADA compiler (or even
> interpreter) that will run on IBM PC (preferably not needing 386/486)
> or Atari ST.

>    The compiler would need to be cheap (under #100.00) and preferably
> have a user friendly environment.  Any PD/Sharware compilers would also be
> of interest.

>    The compiler is only for learning the language - thus needing to be
> correct and robust, but not fast.

>    Thanks in advance,
>      Andy Stratton.
> --

Andy,
  Well if you want a really good ada compiler for the PC the best one around is
probably the Meridian Ada comiler.  It runs on practically any PC from XT to
486.  As far as price goes they offer it to students and educators for $129.00
or less depending on who you are!!!  If your interested let me know!!!

Sorry if this message looks really bad or is not there compeltely I am using a
very crappy terminal emulator!!!

Matt

Sat, 05 Nov 1994 20:41:22 GMT
 Seeking ADA compiler for IBM PC or Atari ST.

Quote:

>    As the above says - I'm looking for an ADA compiler (or even
>interpreter) that will run on IBM PC (preferably not needing 386/486)
>or Atari ST.

You can try AdaEd.  It is a full-featured rendition of Ada,
designed primarily as a learning tool (I understand).  It is
freeware, so the price is right.  There are versions for the
PC, Atari, Amiga, and Unix.  The PC version *does* require
386 or better and 2 Meg or more of RAM.  The system is _not_
a compiler - I think they refer to it as a compiler/interpreter.

If you want to give it a try, you can obtain it via anonymous
ftp on cs.nyu.edu (128.122.140.24) in the directory pub/adaed.

Have compassion for others' imperfections and typos.  \\ I'm glad to be
Let him/her who is without fault cast the first flame. \\  in Colorado

Sun, 06 Nov 1994 06:39:35 GMT

1. WANTED: Cobol for IBM-PC or ATARI-ST

2. Ada Compilers/Interpreters for Atari ST

3. Ada compilers for IBM PC

4. Ada Compilers for IBM PC

5. Ada compilers for the IBM PC, XT, AT ????

6. Ada compiler for the IBM PC

7. Ada compiler for the IBM PC

8. IBM PC ADA compiler

9. ADA Compiler for IBM-PC's

10. FTP site for ADA compiler for IBM-PC?

11. Update on IBM PC Ada Compilers

12. Modula-2 and Oberon compilers for Atari ST