Ord Function HELP Please HELP HELP HELP
Author Message
 Ord Function HELP Please HELP HELP HELP

Does anyone know the ADA function equivelent to Pascals "Ord"
Function, the function that gives the ASCII number for it's related
symbol?

ANY hELP IS APPRECIATED

THANK YOU

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ord Function HELP Please HELP HELP HELP
Do you mean integer'image(5)
which gives " 5"? or do you mean "fifth"?

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ord Function HELP Please HELP HELP HELP

Quote:

>Do you mean integer'image(5)
>which gives " 5"? or do you mean "fifth"?

Hi, Thank You for your msg,
I'm a new ada coder, and I have run into a small problem, I can't find
a function that will return the ASCII converted number for any key
pressed on the keyboard,   example:  user hits the backspace key, I
would like to be able to catch the key however, without a function to
convert the ASCII representation to #8, we would have no idea that he
pressed the backspace.  In VB it's the "CHR" function in Pascal it's
the "Ord" function, ADA95 does not list this function anywhere that I
can find, I am hoping it is built into the compiler, however, I think
I may need to dload a Package.

Any Help is much appreciated,

Thnx ,Johnny

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ord Function HELP Please HELP HELP HELP

Quote:

> >Do you mean integer'image(5)
> >which gives " 5"? or do you mean "fifth"?

> Hi, Thank You for your msg,
> I'm a new ada coder, and I have run into a small problem, I can't find
> a function that will return the ASCII converted number for any key
> pressed on the keyboard,   example:  user hits the backspace key, I
> would like to be able to catch the key however, without a function to
> convert the ASCII representation to #8, we would have no idea that he
> pressed the backspace.  In VB it's the "CHR" function in Pascal it's
> the "Ord" function, ADA95 does not list this function anywhere that I
> can find, I am hoping it is built into the compiler, however, I think
> I may need to dload a Package.

> Any Help is much appreciated,

> Thnx ,Johnny

Use Get_Immediate to deliver the character corresponding to the key,
then convert that character to its integer code by using Character'Pos.

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ord Function HELP Please HELP HELP HELP

Quote:

> Does anyone know the ADA function equivelent to Pascals "Ord"
> Function, the function that gives the ASCII number for it's related
> symbol?

> ANY hELP IS APPRECIATED

> THANK YOU

Character'Pos

You should familiarize yourself with the pre-defined language
attributes, which are listed in the back of your Ada Reference Manaual.

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Ord Function HELP Please HELP HELP HELP
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:56:42 GMT, Matthew Heaney

Quote:

>> >Do you mean integer'image(5)
>> >which gives " 5"? or do you mean "fifth"?

>> Hi, Thank You for your msg,
>> I'm a new ada coder, and I have run into a small problem, I can't find
>> a function that will return the ASCII converted number for any key
>> pressed on the keyboard,   example:  user hits the backspace key, I
>> would like to be able to catch the key however, without a function to
>> convert the ASCII representation to #8, we would have no idea that he
>> pressed the backspace.  In VB it's the "CHR" function in Pascal it's
>> the "Ord" function, ADA95 does not list this function anywhere that I
>> can find, I am hoping it is built into the compiler, however, I think
>> I may need to dload a Package.

>> Any Help is much appreciated,

>> Thnx ,Johnny

>Use Get_Immediate to deliver the character corresponding to the key,
>then convert that character to its integer code by using Character'Pos.

Thank You Very Very Much,
Will implement the Character'Pos tonight, Thanks to your help,
Thank goodness for Usenet and nice people

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE Ordinal Function

2. help! f90.help help help help

3. ***HELP***HELP***HELP***Please.

4. Help Help Help Please

5. HELP HELP HELP - round function error

7. HELP HELP HELP HELP

8. HELP HELP HELP HELP

9. help help help help!!!!!!!!!!!

10. (HELP (HELP (HELP (HELP))))

11. HELP: HELP: HELP: HELP: Online-manual on Expect

12. help please-----please help about array in DLL