FTP site for ADA compiler for IBM-PC?
Author Message
 FTP site for ADA compiler for IBM-PC?

Quote:
>I'm a CS student learning ADA, and I would like to 'play around' with it on
>my 286XT-clone at home.  Does anyone have any info about a shareware or
>public domain compiler that I can obtain?  One similar to the VERDIX
>version would be very helpful.

The ftp-able Ada/Ed, available from NYU, requires a 386 or 486. That's
the only free Ada system available right now. If you can invest $100.
in a good Ada system (editor, compiler, linker, de{*filter*}, libraries,
etc.) that'll run on your 286, try Meridian at 800-221-2522. Ask for
Linda Souza, their education person.

I think it's safe to assume that new DOS Ada products, free or otherwise,
will be done for the 386/486 family. Sad but true.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)

"Americans wants the fruits of patience -- and they want them now."

Sat, 04 Mar 1995 00:43:38 GMT

1. FTP site for MSDOS (IBM-PC) Modula2 compiler?

2. FTP/WWW Sites for GNAT Ada Compiler

3. Ada compilers for IBM PC

4. Ada Compilers for IBM PC

5. Ada compilers for the IBM PC, XT, AT ????

6. Ada compiler for the IBM PC

7. Seeking ADA compiler for IBM PC or Atari ST.

8. Ada compiler for the IBM PC

9. IBM PC ADA compiler

10. ADA Compiler for IBM-PC's

11. Update on IBM PC Ada Compilers

12. An Educational Site License for an Ada Compiler on PCs