Request Compiler Info
Author Message
 Request Compiler Info

I'm looking for a language which will permit me to develop an
application or two for a nonprofit which has bountiful vintage Intel
8086/8088 MSDOS machines freely available.  I'm most interested in
stability and ease
of maintenance, and since Ada has been around a good long time, it seems
like a prime choice.  However, before I dive right in, download a
compiler, and begin learning the language, I'd like to be certain I'll
be able to build for the target machines.  I can't seem to learn quite
enough about an Ada compiler that will do what I'm looking for--the web
sites I've visited appear to assume familiarity with both the language
and the popular compilers, which makes them slightly overwhelming from
my point of view.  Can GNAT build for such targets?  Could a kind sould
please point me toward a properly informative text or email/post a
response?

Thanks much, in advance, and any apologies if this is an
"asked-and-answered"...
--
  Brian Takle

    PGP Key http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~btakle/pgp/pgpkey.html
     or Keyserver pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Request Compiler Info

If you find an Ada 95 compiler that targets 'real mode' 8086, please
port that info here.
  There were of course several Ada 83 compilers that targetted real
mode.  Ask at www.rrsoftware.com and www.aonix.com, and the Meridian
compiler is, I understand, now sold (cheap) by D.C. (?) Heath.

Wed, 06 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Modula2 compiler info requested

2. Ada Compiler Info Request

3. info request, compilers for NT

4. Request for info, Ada compilers for msdos or windows

5. Request: Info on Mac and PC Ada compilers.

6. Compiler Info Request

7. request: mac compiler info

8. Common LISP primatives, and a request for LISP compiler info

9. ACTOR: info & info request

10. Smalltalk Info Request

11. Info requested on virtual storage support...

12. Info-request: Reengineering Assembler under IBM MVS