Ada installation
Author Message
 Ada installation

Hello there:

i'm running in a SuSE Linux 6.4, with a gcc compiler ver. 2.95.2, well i want to try
use Ada, but i download the 3.13p version, but this have a cpp pre-procesor old
ver 2.8.1, i want know if i run doinstall, not break my gcc installation???

ThX for you response
JcSO

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:52:45 GMT
 Ada installation
If you want to keep your gcc-2.95.2 installation, and also install gnat,
a better solution is to install the rpm files from
http://www.gnuada.org/rpms313p.html
instead of the distribution from nyu.edu.

The gnuada distribution renames the compiler to gnatgcc, so there is
no conflict.

I have been using the gnuada distributions co-exiting with later
gcc installations for several years now, with no problem.

Quote:
> Hello there:

> i'm running in a SuSE Linux 6.4, with a gcc compiler ver. 2.95.2, well i
want to try
> use Ada, but i download the 3.13p version, but this have a cpp
pre-procesor old
> ver 2.8.1, i want know if i run doinstall, not break my gcc
installation???

> ThX for you response
> JcSO

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:56:23 GMT
 Ada installation

Quote:

> Hello there:

> i'm running in a SuSE Linux 6.4, with a gcc compiler ver. 2.95.2, well i want to try
> use Ada, but i download the 3.13p version, but this have a cpp pre-procesor old
> ver 2.8.1, i want know if i run doinstall, not break my gcc installation???

> ThX for you response
> JcSO

Install it in a different location from your 2.95.2 compiler and
everything will be just fine.

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:07:13 GMT

1. Gnat 3.13p and Object Ada Installations Problems

2. gnat ada installation on win 95

3. Ada installation

4. Ada, Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada,Ada Development

5. ada linux installation guide from source code

6. Ada und C++ .... installation

7. Installation of Alsys ADA for PC

8. Emacs-ada-mode Installation Problems

9. installation problems with GW-Ada/Ed-DOS

10. gfortran installation breaking other installations

11. JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA

12. Why Ada is failing - comp.lang.ada #4245 - comp.lang.ada #4273