Ada compiler for the IBM PC
Author Message
 Ada compiler for the IBM PC

Someone posted that these are the ADA compilers available
for PC's:
    Meridian
    Janus
    Alsys

Does anyone have addresses and phone numbers for these companies?

The OpenAda PC from Meridian is available at $129.00 ($10.00 s/h) <student price,
I believe> and the number to call is 1-800-221-2522. It is a fair compiler and it
includes a modest graphics library (with source), software floating point
emulation (also with source), and some library utilities. It also has the
so-called integrated environment ACE which includes an configurable editor which
is language sensitive and hypertext access to the LRM. I don't use the editor,
however, because I'm so used to all the power of XEDIT which is not available
through the ACE.

To summarize all that, it's a working Ada compiler for such a low price. Don't
expect much from it.

-Julian Insan Kamil
Computer Consultant at SUNY-Binghamton

"What good is life, at the end we all must die
There must be more to life than this" <Freddie Mercury, God bless him!>

Thu, 25 Aug 1994 02:59:43 GMT

1. Ada compilers for the IBM PC, XT, AT ????

2. Ada compiler for the IBM PC

3. A ``New'' Ada compiler for the IBM PC

4. Ada compilers for IBM PC

5. Ada Compilers for IBM PC

6. Seeking ADA compiler for IBM PC or Atari ST.

7. IBM PC ADA compiler

8. ADA Compiler for IBM-PC's

9. FTP site for ADA compiler for IBM-PC?

10. Update on IBM PC Ada Compilers

11. ADA X-BINDINGS FOR IBM RS6000 ADA COMPILER

12. Ada Manual for Meridian's (Vrdix) PC Ada Compiler