Profiling using VxWorks and AdaMULTI.
Author Message
 Profiling using VxWorks and AdaMULTI.

Does anybody have any experience with profiling in VxWorks. We are trying to
do some profiling. We're currently using the AdaMULTI de{*filter*} to collect
data, but when we try to analys, we get an error message:

protrans: fatal: TickTime not implemented.

We can't find TickTime in any documentation.

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:12:16 GMT
 Profiling using VxWorks and AdaMULTI.

Quote:

>Does anybody have any experience with profiling in VxWorks. We are trying to
>do some profiling. We're currently using the AdaMULTI de{*filter*} to collect
>data, but when we try to analys, we get an error message:

I've done it using ScopeProfile (WindRiver, ex RTI), but not using AdaMULTI.
You'd probably be better off contacting GreenHills support (assuming you have
support).

---
T.E.D.    homepage   - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:32:46 GMT
 Profiling using VxWorks and AdaMULTI.
We've already been in contact with GHS, they haven't yet found out what
TickTime is. I've also tried to get in contact with WRS. I've just hoping
that somebody out there knew.

Quote:

>>Does anybody have any experience with profiling in VxWorks. We are trying
>>do some profiling. We're currently using the AdaMULTI de{*filter*} to collect
>>data, but when we try to analys, we get an error message:

>I've done it using ScopeProfile (WindRiver, ex RTI), but not using
AdaMULTI.
>You'd probably be better off contacting GreenHills support (assuming you
have
>support).

>---
>T.E.D.    homepage   - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:44:17 GMT
 Profiling using VxWorks and AdaMULTI.

Quote:

>We've already been in contact with GHS, they haven't yet found out what
>TickTime is. I've also tried to get in contact with WRS. I've just hoping
>that somebody out there knew.

Well, it doesn't appear to be anything in vxWorks (which shouldn't be shocking,
since you apparently *don't* have it). I can't find any reference to it in
vxWorks 5.3 or 5.4, and it is not a symbol in our 5.4 kernel.

The only explanations I can think of are that it either:

a)  is a symbol that the GreenHills profiler uses.

That seems rather unlikely, as it then wouldn't work for anyone.

b)  is a symbol used by some code of yours (most likely custom C code linked
into the kernel) that happens to have the same name as a kernel subroutine.
Everything in vxWorks exists in the same symbol space, so its quite possible for
this kind of thing to happen (another good reason to not use C). When linking a
kernel, I don't think there are any checks for undefined or redefined