c code from ada code
Author Message
 c code from ada code

Hello:
    Can anyone say me if threre is possible to obtain c code from ada
code with GNAT?
    Thanks in advance.
--
Jos Manuel Rodrguez Garca

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 c code from ada code

Quote:
>Hello:
>    Can anyone say me if threre is possible to obtain c code from ada
>code with GNAT?

GNAT compiles directly from Ada source code to assembly, and
don't use C as intermediate code. Since no C is ever produced,
it's not possible to output C either.

--

ln -s /dev/null ~/.netscape/cookies

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 c code from ada code

Quote:

>GNAT compiles directly from Ada source code to assembly, and
>don't use C as intermediate code. Since no C is ever produced,
>it's not possible to output C either.

But the use of a Ada-2-C Compiler (commercial) may be an alternative.

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 c code from ada code

Quote:

>>GNAT compiles directly from Ada source code to assembly, and
>>don't use C as intermediate code. Since no C is ever produced,
>>it's not possible to output C either.

> But the use of a Ada-2-C Compiler (commercial) may be an alternative.

No, the question _specifically_ said they had to do it with GNAT.

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 c code from ada code

Quote:

> Hello:
>     Can anyone say me if threre is possible to obtain c code from ada
> code with GNAT?

No, though AverStar has a version of our AdaMagic compiler that generates
optimized ANSI C code as its intemediate representation.

Contact me if you are interested in this technology.

Quote:

--

Technical Director, Commercial Division, AverStar (formerly Intermetrics)
(http://www.averstar.com/services/IT_consulting.html)  Burlington, MA  USA

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 c code from ada code

Quote:
> Hello:
>     Can anyone say me if threre is possible to obtain c code from ada
> code with GNAT?

You could probably use one of the JVM-to-C compilers to generate C code
from JGNAT output (for a pointerless Ada subset)

-Andi

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 c code from ada code

Quote:
> You could probably use one of the JVM-to-C compilers to
> generate C code from JGNAT output (for a pointerless Ada
> subset)

This sounds like a recipe for a big mess, but if you are going
to use this approach there is no reason to restrict to a
pointerless Ada subset, since of course JGNAT allows the use
of pointers!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Opportunity to convert your CMS-2 Code to Ada Code

2. Linking in object code from SPARC Ada in 4GL code

3. P-code, T-code, and Uni-Code Intermediate Languages

4. P-code, T-code and Uni-Code Intermediate Languages

5. Example of Python code (C code to Python code)

6. converting VADS Ada 83 code to GNAT Ada 95

7. Ada 95 tasking problems with Ada 83 code

8. Ada Code Formatting (Ada source diff)

9. INFO-ADA Digest V90 #89 - Ada Coding Conventions

10. Good code/bad code & looping

11. Good code/bad code & looping

12. Binary Gray Code - code example